Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Tablets

Notices

Old 10-28-2011, 11:00 AM   #1
larryt
Enthusiast
larryt has learned how to read e-bookslarryt has learned how to read e-bookslarryt has learned how to read e-bookslarryt has learned how to read e-bookslarryt has learned how to read e-bookslarryt has learned how to read e-bookslarryt has learned how to read e-books

Device: Kobo
No KOBO Vox Today

It's Friday Oct. 28th, about 11:00am and I just got back from Chapters. No Vox. I was told there was a software backup and not to expect it until next week. Futureshop and Best Buy had them advertised for today as well. Just a heads-up so you might save yourself a trip.
larryt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 11:02 AM   #2
Lordvic
Connoisseur
Lordvic has met Morla.Lordvic has met Morla.Lordvic has met Morla.Lordvic has met Morla.Lordvic has met Morla.Lordvic has met Morla.Lordvic has met Morla.Lordvic has met Morla.Lordvic has met Morla.Lordvic has met Morla.Lordvic has met Morla.

Device: Blackberry Playbook
as we're discussing in the Vox forums (check above)

it looks like Futureshop and Bestbuy have some in stock and selling
The kobo pre orders are goign out today in order of purchase
Chapters / indigo has delayed release till the 2nd claiming "upgrades" need to be installed.
Lordvic is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-28-2011, 12:52 PM   #3
borisb
Addict
borisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it is

Device: enTourage eDGe, Pocket eDGe, Kobo Vox, Kobo Touch, Asus Eee Note
My local FutureShop has had them for a week, locked up.

I suspect the reason that FutureShop/BestBuy stores have them while Chapters stores don't is because people going to F/B are likely gadget inclined, while people going to C/I stores are probably looking for paper books (as opposed to those going to the website). Seems like intelligent marketing/distribution to me.
borisb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 01:17 PM   #4
Psyke
Evangelist
Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Wi-Fi - Kobo Touch - GNex - N7
Had the wife go look around for me because stores weren't answering their phones; a couple of BestBuys in Ottawa hadn't received the shipments as of almost 1pm, but she did find 2 pink in stock at a Future Shop, of which she bought one and is on her way to bring to me at work.
Psyke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 01:22 PM   #5
pokee
Fanatic
pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.

Device: Kobo WiFi, Kobo Glo, Kobo Vox, Samsung Galaxy S4, Samsung Tab2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psyke View Post
Had the wife go look around for me because stores weren't answering their phones; a couple of BestBuys in Ottawa hadn't received the shipments as of almost 1pm, but she did find 2 pink in stock at a Future Shop, of which she bought one and is on her way to bring to me at work.
Hmmm...looks like they shipped a lot of PINK!!!

I ordered blue, but maybe I would've gotten mine faster if I had ordered PINK!
pokee is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-28-2011, 01:37 PM   #6
Psyke
Evangelist
Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokee View Post
Hmmm...looks like they shipped a lot of PINK!!!

I ordered blue, but maybe I would've gotten mine faster if I had ordered PINK!
it would seem so...luckily the 10 year old preferences were either the pink or green, so she's golden

I'm actually thinking of being mean and wrapping it up for myself, opening it on Christmas day, saying it wasn't something I asked for before asking her if she wanted it instead.
Old 10-28-2011, 01:38 PM   #7
Lordvic
Connoisseur
Lordvic has met Morla.Lordvic has met Morla.Lordvic has met Morla.Lordvic has met Morla.Lordvic has met Morla.Lordvic has met Morla.Lordvic has met Morla.Lordvic has met Morla.Lordvic has met Morla.Lordvic has met Morla.Lordvic has met Morla.

Device: Blackberry Playbook
Friend just picked up the Pink one as well. said she was at the Best Buy in the Eaton Centre downtown Toronto.

They said the Blue and black sold almost within an hour of opening this morning. But went quicker because Kobo sent them more pink ones then any other colour

WTF?
Lordvic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 04:55 PM   #8
Psyke
Evangelist

Actually, I take it back; the wife picked up the lime green one out of the choice of it and a blue one...not sure why she said there were two pinks originally *shrug*, but still, they only had two.
Old 10-28-2011, 07:16 PM   #9
SensualPoet
Wizard
SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kindle Paperwhite, Asus ZenPad 3, Kobo Glo
I was able to buy an Ice Blue one at Future Shop in Toronto after work today and it included the $10 Kobo Gift Card bonus.

Very slick implementation so far -- first impressions.

The actual unit is a little clunky, esp. next to a Playbook, but then it is $199 vs. $499.

I was able to fire it up and pick up exactly where I left off reading something on my Kobo Touch last night. Now that's cool!

Just to be clear: Bravo, Kobo folks! You've out done yourselves!
SensualPoet is offline   Reply With Quote