Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 12-12-2010, 04:24 PM   #1
coopernurse
coopernurse is on a distinguished road

Device: Nook
Purchase Overdrive subscription?

Hi,

My mother in law is getting a Nook for Christmas (hope she's not reading this!) and I want to get her a subscription to a library with Overdrive access.

Several libraries (like Seattle) offer non-residents the ability to purchase annual library access, which would probably work. But I was curious if any knows whether Overdrive will sell you access directly.

thoughts?

-- James
coopernurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 05:27 PM   #2
Bookworm_Girl
E-reader Enthusiast
Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3; Kobo Aura One; iPad Mini 5
Hi, James. Overdrive will sell you individual books for a fee (like a bookstore, not a subscription). But if you want free library books, then you have to get them directly through a library website. You can check to see if your MIL has a library nearby at this link.
http://search.overdrive.com/

Free Library of Philadelphia is a popular source for non-residents to purchase access. You might want to check it out. I haven't tried it myself since my local library has a good selection, but it is frequently recommended by others on MobileRead.
http://libwww.freelibrary.org/register/getcard1.cfm

I hope your MIL enjoys her Christmas gift!
Bookworm_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-17-2010, 10:23 AM   #3
coopernurse
coopernurse is on a distinguished road

Device: Nook
Hi there,

Thank you very much for the tip. $15/year for a non-resident is a great deal. Exactly what I was looking for.

cheers

-- James
coopernurse is offline   Reply With Quote