Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 01-01-2014, 12:55 PM   #1
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903, (beloved Pocketbook 360 RIP), Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura
navigation in sideloaded kepubs, FW 3.1.1

I have the above on a Mini, which is not supposed to run it - this aside, the firmware works perfectly well, the only problem being that I can no longer navigate to "previous position" in sideloaded kepubs (e.g. when jumping to a footnote): is this a known bug? I use joel's plugin. The books in question were already there before I sideloaded FW 3.1.1 (I reported this here, but I am repeating myself as I think it went unnoticed ).

Happy New Year!

Last edited by paola; 01-01-2014 at 04:53 PM. Reason: typo in title
paola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 06:56 PM   #2
GeoffR
Wizard
GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
Return to previous position works with both Kobo-bought kepubs and sideloaded epubs on my Glo with fw 3.1.1.

Edit: Tou could try sideloading a plain epub or downloading a free kepub from Kobo to test. If it still doesn't work with those then the issue is probably with the Mini running 3.1.1, but if it works with either of those then the issue is probably with sideloading kepubs.

Last edited by GeoffR; 01-01-2014 at 07:06 PM.
GeoffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 09:03 PM   #3
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Maybe verify that you have the Kobo javascript file required for accurate conversion of ePubs to kePubs...
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 04:21 AM   #4
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

thanks guys - the sideloaded kepub was working fine before the firmware update, which is why I thought conversion should not be the problem, but as a non techie I know I may be missing a lot.

Kobo kepubs are also fine, though I have not tried epubs, simply because for non-fiction I find the footnotes preview available in kepubs so convenient. Hope using epubs instead is not the only way out!
Old 01-04-2014, 04:49 AM   #5
paola
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffR View Post
Return to previous position works with both Kobo-bought kepubs and sideloaded epubs on my Glo with fw 3.1.1.
update: cannot navigate back to the previous position in epub, either. So I am starting to think this may be an issue of 3.1.1 on the Mini (as the Mini is not supposed to run it). Original kepubs work just fine.