Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 01-31-2013, 01:40 AM   #1
Fatima
Fatima began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire HD 8.9
Exclamation Can't use my new Kindle!

Hello everyone!

I have a kindle, totally new, I can't use anything until now.. when I started to download apps.. (I'm from Saudi Arabia).. and when I bought it I used my American Address (this is how I got it) .. so, I changed the country setting to USA .. (so this step was done!)

now,I have tried to download a free apps but I can't!
free - get app - then they said: (please check your billing address and payment method are from a supported country

my billing address the same one for USA
my payment the same one, the same visa
the country is USA

so, what's the problem?

Kindly help to use my kindle ASAP
Fatima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 11:10 AM   #2
sirmaru
Wizard
sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 2013, HDX 2013, Galaxy S5 2014
When you are resident in the US, you pick up a US IP address. When you are resident in Saudi Arabia, you pick up a Saudi Arabian IP address.

Thus, when visiting the US, buy all your eBooks and Apps and then use them offline in Saudi Arabia.

There is a site where you can change your IP address here:

http://www.hide-my-ip.com/

However, it may not work for what you want, since anything you download, may go to the provider's server. Try a free app and / or free eBook first to make sure it works. Plus, some nations make the using of a different IP address from your real location a CRIME. Thus, you must check Saudi laws before even trying that.
sirmaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 03:52 AM   #3
Fatima
Fatima began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire HD 8.9
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirmaru View Post
When you are resident in the US, you pick up a US IP address. When you are resident in Saudi Arabia, you pick up a Saudi Arabian IP address.

Thus, when visiting the US, buy all your eBooks and Apps and then use them offline in Saudi Arabia.

There is a site where you can change your IP address here:

http://www.hide-my-ip.com/

However, it may not work for what you want, since anything you download, may go to the provider's server. Try a free app and / or free eBook first to make sure it works. Plus, some nations make the using of a different IP address from your real location a CRIME. Thus, you must check Saudi laws before even trying that.
Thanks for ur replay,

I don't know how to open this app in the kindle, this website is Blocked in my country, I used a browser to open in it then I download the app in my computer.. but I have no idea how to do it in the kindle!

anyway,
when I tried to download a Free app as (FACEBOOK) .. I clicked on FREE, then it comes (get app), so I clicked on it .. after that: Purchasing ... then they said: "please check that your billing address and payment method are from a supported country" ..!

I'll not be in USA ever!
So, is that mean: there is no way to get even the free apps!?
Fatima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 12:16 PM   #4
Musashi
Zealot
Musashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Musashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Musashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Musashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Musashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Musashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Musashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Musashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Musashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Musashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Musashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad 4th Generation. Kindle Paperwhite.
You can use http://www.getjar.com/ or http://www.1mobile.com/

Have a look in: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=158213

Or you can install a custom rom.
Musashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 01:36 PM   #5
rgeorg
Guru
rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3/3G(2x), Glo HD, Amazon Voyage
ES File explorer can be downloaded from the Internet. Other apps can be downloaded and installed using ES to select the file. You can get most all apps. Or if you have a friend with a Android phone, you can get Google Play apps that mostly run on the Kindle.

I find the Kindle fire very useful and fun, even in Europe.
rgeorg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 07:02 PM   #6
VaultBoy
Addict
VaultBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaultBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaultBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaultBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaultBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaultBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaultBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaultBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaultBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaultBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaultBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle of many shapes, PIPBoy 3000
+1 to the idea of using es file explorer for loading stuff.
VaultBoy is offline   Reply With Quote