Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 09-19-2010, 04:43 PM   #16
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by cybmole View Post
when calibre adds a book to Kindle 3 it does not place it directly into the documents folder on kindle, it places it in an author subfolder ( i think) within Kindle's documents folder.I'm 99% certain of that but if you think different I will connect the Kindle & run more tests.
I have no experience at all with Kindles, so forgive me if this is not relevant in your case. On my 2 readers if I want to send-to-device but not into author sub-dirs then I just adjust the 'Save template' in Preferences - Sending books to devices
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 02:31 AM   #17
cybmole
Wizard
cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie_w View Post
I have no experience at all with Kindles, so forgive me if this is not relevant in your case. On my 2 readers if I want to send-to-device but not into author sub-dirs then I just adjust the 'Save template' in Preferences - Sending books to devices
thanks - that explains it - I was using calibre's default settings for send to device whcih I now see are
{author_sort}/{title} - {authors}

I'd told the set up wizard that I had a Kindle & I'd selected manual management , but that's all I'd done.

so I can just blank out that line to have books placed directly into main folder , or i can leave it as-is as it seems harmless ?

Last edited by cybmole; 09-20-2010 at 02:47 AM.
cybmole is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-20-2010, 07:16 AM   #18
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
... don't blank out the whole thing, but you can remove the sub-dir bit by amending to {title} - {authors}

... or leave it alone - as you wish.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote