Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 09-15-2009, 02:26 PM   #1
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
Disney Hyperion ebooks?

I just noticed that the Artemis Fowl series by Eoin Colfer is now available on the Kindle store (released 08-11-2009). Unfortunately, while I do have an iPhone, I'd rather not have to go through all the steps necessary to extract just to find that the files don't work with mobidedrm.py. Not to mention the headache of having to set-up the environment for mobidedrm.py as I've never used it before.

Does anyone here know if Hyperion Books distribute ebook versions through other ebook retailers? Since it was released fairly recently, I was kinda hoping it just hasn't made it through other channels yet...
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 06:36 AM   #2
thianliongpatpoh
Zealot
thianliongpatpoh doesn't litterthianliongpatpoh doesn't litterthianliongpatpoh doesn't litter

Device: iPad
I downloaded the free sample to my iPhone, and can confirm it's not the topaz format that mobidedrm.py can't handle. I have never failed to liberate my kindle iphone apps purchases.
thianliongpatpoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-16-2009, 08:30 AM   #3
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thianliongpatpoh View Post
I downloaded the free sample to my iPhone, and can confirm it's not the topaz format that mobidedrm.py can't handle. I have never failed to liberate my kindle iphone apps purchases.
Thanks! Is your iPhone jailbroken? If not, what programs/steps did you use to extract/convert the Mobipocket ebooks?
Old 09-16-2009, 01:13 PM   #4
thianliongpatpoh
Zealot
thianliongpatpoh doesn't litterthianliongpatpoh doesn't litterthianliongpatpoh doesn't litter

Device: iPad
There are 2 ways doing this:

1. The not jailbroken path is using the extraction of backup file. There's a thread on this already at iphone sub-forum
2. The jailbroken path is using iphone explorer to copy files from the kindle app ebook folder to your pc/mac.

BUT, both requires you to get the iPhone PID (via iTunes) and convert it into mobipocket PID using the kindlePID.py.
Once you have your mobipocket PID for the kindle app purchases, its mobidedrm-ing time to liberate the purchase, to read on PC or other e-ink devices. This has also it's own thread.

cheers
thianliongpatpoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 03:21 PM   #5
animedude01
Addict
animedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheese

Device: DR1000S, ILIAD2, Nokia n900, Kindle for PC, Astak EZReader Pro
Doesn't Amazon allow downloading of purchased ebooks online onto your computer? I don't have a kindle, but I though that was allowed in case there's no coverage where you are?
animedude01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-16-2009, 04:38 PM   #6
Lemurion
eReader
Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Note 5; PW3; Nook HD+; ChuWi Hi12; iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by animedude01 View Post
Doesn't Amazon allow downloading of purchased ebooks online onto your computer? I don't have a kindle, but I though that was allowed in case there's no coverage where you are?
AFAIK they only allow that if you have a Kindle on your account - not if you have an iPhone/iTouch.
Lemurion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 04:56 PM   #7
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by animedude01 View Post
They do if you have a Kindle on your account. Not sure if they do if you only have a iPhone/Touch on your account.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 05:02 PM   #8
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
They do if you have a Kindle on your account. Not sure if they do if you only have a iPhone/Touch on your account.
Nope. You can't download if you only have an iPhone/iPod Touch. At least, I have yet to see any links when I browse my Amazon digital library.