Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 04-16-2009, 07:48 AM   #1
Tinwolf
Greasy biker
Tinwolf began at the beginning.

Device: Be-book, Jetbook, Kindle
How to speak the French book advice

Can anyone recommend a good "how to speak French" e-book? I`m not looking for an in depth book, more of a "getting by" guide.

I am speaking mostly England langwidge normal times but I`m going to French France on a motorbiking holiday later this year and I would certainly like to be able to communicate a bit while I`m there.

I`ve got a Be-book which will accept most formats but I think it would be pretty cool if the e-book had mp3 functionality as well to help with pronuncimacation.

in advancing.
Tinwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 10:09 AM   #2
Tinwolf
Greasy biker

Nobody?
Advert
Old 04-17-2009, 10:16 AM   #3
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
hi tinwolf ! welcome to the forum, in case no-one has said that yet.

to be honest, i'm not sure where you can get an ebook like that ; i guess you want some sort of phrase book ? maybe you can look at a french-english dictionary for a start ? i think there are several dictionaries available in mobipocket format but i don't know how be-book handles dictionaries... i don't know of any with mp3's added in although that would be a really great idea for travel guide ebooks !

you might want to search online as well for some common phrases ; i'm sure you could find a list with phonetic pronunciation, then at worst you can make your own personalised phrase book with the essentials you think you will need ! not a perfect solution, i know, but better than nothing i guess...

have a great time on your holiday ! where will you be stopping ?
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 10:44 AM   #4
Tinwolf
Greasy biker

Hi Zelda.

We`re heading quite far to the South but as I`m not organising this year I`m not too sure where we`re going but I know the gite we`re staying in is by the Gardon River, at the foot of the Cevennes Mountains if that`s any help.

I`ve got some MP3 French words and phrases that I listen to when I`m in the gym and some of it is sinking in (I can say I`m lost which will probably be useful although I won`t understand the reply )
I was just hoping as I`ve converted my reading to my be-book that I could find something to have on there and seeing these things play MP3s I would think it would be an obvious way of listening to the language spoken but then what do I know?
Old 04-17-2009, 10:49 AM   #5
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
sounds like a lovely trip ! be sure to tell us all about it when you get back !

i think the mp3 e-phrase book is a brilliant idea, myself. hopefully some guide-book publishers will soon think of it too. perhaps you should write them and suggest it. and maybe in the meantime someone else will have some more suggestions for you. anyway, you still have the possibility to "roll your own" so to speak, while you wait...
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert