Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 03-12-2016, 12:01 PM   #1
Dimsok
Dimsok began at the beginning.

Device: PC
Open with

As original topic was closed i created new to ask: Is it possible to use that plug with command line soft? I have balabolka cmd to read files with tts. I just need to point -f agrument and after a file name. So any variable which i can set up to point where is file which i want to open
Dimsok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2016, 12:26 PM   #2
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Yes you can configure the 'Open With' plugin to open your epubs in Balabolka. However it's no longer really necessary as you can use a standard calibre feature to do the same thing.

Assuming your books are in epub format:

1. Highlight a book in the main calibre window.

2. Right-click on the word 'EPUB' in Formats in the Book details panel and choose 'Open EPUB with...' from the context menu.

3. Choose 'Add other application for EPUB files' and navigate to your copy of balabolka.exe in Program Files (x86) and double-click it. Your epub will open in Balabolka and off you go.

Once you've done this, for all further epubs you only need to do Steps 1 and 2 and choose Balabolka from the application list you are offered in Step 2.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-12-2016, 12:35 PM   #3
Dimsok

I know how to add gui apps. But i try to use command line balabolka. In sting of argument i inserted -n Mike -f (there should be a way of file). So i just ask is there any variable to point where selected book is located
Old 03-12-2016, 12:50 PM   #4
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

My copy of Balabolka (v2.10.0.580) doesn't have options -n or -f

This is what my Help file says for commandline. It looks as if the -r option is what's required:
Spoiler:

Balabolka accepts the parameters at the command line:

balabolka.exe [-options] [filename] [audio_file] [voice]

The parameter voice must be defined in next way:

voice_name [rRate] [pPitch]

filename
open file

-c
read clipboard aloud

-c voice_name
choose voice and read clipboard aloud

-m
run minimized

-r filename
open file and read aloud from the beginning

-r filename voice_name
open file, choose voice and read aloud from the beginning

-s filename audio_file
open file and read the text to audio file (WAV, MP3, MP4, OGG or WMA)

-s filename audio_file voice_name
open file, choose voice and read the text to audio file

-q
quit after the reading's completion
Old 03-12-2016, 01:41 PM   #5
Dimsok

I did watch which my version. It's still 1.22.

-f <text_file>
Sets the name of input text file.

But anyway did you try to use it with open with? You point -r in argument field and what next? How balabolka will know which file read?
Advert
Old 03-12-2016, 01:46 PM   #6
Dimsok

I say in 3rd time that i was meant CONSOLE balabolka, not gui

http://www.cross-plus-a.ru/bconsole.html
Old 03-12-2016, 01:48 PM   #7
Dimsok

And in common, can i use cmd soft. For example standalone converters which Calibre doesn't support
Old 03-12-2016, 01:49 PM   #8
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer

As we are failing to understand each other I'll exit at this point. Good luck with getting the help you need.
Old 03-12-2016, 05:30 PM   #9
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
@Dimsok - this works for me

Click image for larger version

Name:	panorama.png
Views:	376
Size:	145.9 KB
ID:	147077

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2016, 06:31 PM   #10
Dimsok

BetterRed, i talk about balabolka_cp, not about balabolka. I want click on command and start to listen instantly without any windows
Old 03-12-2016, 07:30 PM   #11
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimsok View Post
BetterRed, i talk about balabolka_cp, not about balabolka. I want click on command and start to listen instantly without any windows
@Dimsok : ah-ha, I assume you mean balabolka_console.exe

Try the Open With Optional Plugin, IIRC it has has provision for passing arguments.

Added:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimsok View Post
As original topic was closed...
The Open With PI thread/topic is not closed - I suspect you misinterpreted the 'old thread' message.

If it's OK by you, I can merge this thread into it, so that it's clear your referring to the Optional Open With PI and not the built in Open With.

Sorry for the confusion

Can you post an image of what you are entering into the Open With PI dialogue,

BR

Last edited by BetterRed; 03-12-2016 at 09:06 PM.
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote