Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 09-05-2014, 05:52 AM   #1
bejkarna
bejkarna began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook 614W Basic 2
pdf reflow mode on Pocketbook 614W Basic 2

Hi to everyone.

I have Pocketbook 614W Basic 2 with latest firmware W614.4.4.611. When I use pdf in reflow mode the Pocketbook doesn't turn pages.

I am new here so I hope I do not repost something. I have found that for other devices it helps to use some older firmware, I am not sure which one would be the best for me and even if it is possible at all.

I also emailed with the pocketbook support and they have answered that there is bug in the pdf reader. That Adobe repaired the bug, but that they do not know when they are going to release new firmware.

I also read that there might be alternative viewer inside using the option open with but it gives me no alternative.

I would appreciate any ideas what can I do. Thanks a lot.

Bejkarna
bejkarna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 07:19 PM   #2
rkomar
Wizard
rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, PB 902, PRS-T1, PB 623, PB 840, PB 633
If you want to have reflow, then there isn't a whole lot you can do but wait. The Basic has few buttons and no touchscreen, so I don't think you can copy over a version of AdobeViewer.app from one of the other PocketBook readers and have that work well.

The k2pdfopt program allows you to reformat PDF files to new page sizes. You could download that for your PC, convert your PDF files to fit the screen of your Basic ereader, and read those instead. That way, you wouldn't need reflow to work on the device. See the thread here: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=144711
rkomar is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-11-2014, 07:38 AM   #3
walan
Connoisseur
walan plays well with otherswalan plays well with otherswalan plays well with otherswalan plays well with otherswalan plays well with otherswalan plays well with otherswalan plays well with otherswalan plays well with otherswalan plays well with otherswalan plays well with otherswalan plays well with others

Device: Pocketbook Touch Lux
PDF reflow is not working properly. Means, try to use the reader horizontally without reflow and activate the margins to be cut. That is the only way to use PDF natively.

I was trying the reflow on my Touch Lux, it's terrible and PB don't even plan to improve the feature as they consider it unrelevant. Even if they promise to do something in the future SW releases, forget it.
walan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014, 06:46 PM   #4
markom
Banned
markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony prs t1 kindle dx ipad
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkomar View Post
If you want to have reflow, then there isn't a whole lot you can do but wait. The Basic has few buttons and no touchscreen, so I don't think you can copy over a version of AdobeViewer.app from one of the other PocketBook readers and have that work well.

The k2pdfopt program allows you to reformat PDF files to new page sizes. You could download that for your PC, convert your PDF files to fit the screen of your Basic ereader, and read those instead. That way, you wouldn't need reflow to work on the device. See the thread here: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=144711
k2pdfopt can also reflow pdf (scanned or textual).

If we are not satisfied with the way our e-reader zoomed particular pdf or maybe with its flipping speed thereafter or there are annotation problems at that zoomed level, we can use k2pdfopt's fitwidth mode for A5 sized pdfs (landscape, margins cropped) to optimize pdf for any 6" reader (no really need for reflow here).

For A4 pdf we can use k2pdfopt's reflow mode.

For A4 two-column pdf we can use k2pdfopt's 2-column mode (no need for reflow there).

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...61&postcount=5

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...43&postcount=7

Last edited by markom; 09-13-2014 at 03:13 AM.
markom is offline   Reply With Quote