Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 05-14-2008, 12:14 PM   #46
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaggieScratch View Post
I second, or third, whatever number we're on, the Dorothy L. Sayers e-books. I'd love to have the complete Lord Peter Wimsey, especially the ones with Harriet Vane. I have them all in paperback, but as Zelda said, I'm happy to make shelf room by replacing them with e-versions.
just so you know, Sayers' work is now in PD in countries where the law is life + 50 years. so with a bit of luck, we might conceivably find them in a nearish future on PG... fingers crossed... alternately, if you know someone with a good scanner and OCR system set up, maybe we could make our own...
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 01:32 PM   #47
Sparrow
Wizard
Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm TX, CyBook Gen3
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
just so you know, Sayers' work is now in PD in countries where the law is life + 50 years. so with a bit of luck, we might conceivably find them in a nearish future on PG...
LibriVox has the etext of 'Whose Body?' with an audio version.
"LibriVox recordings are Public Domain in the USA...."

http://librivox.org/whose-body-by-dorothy-l-sayers/
Sparrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-14-2008, 01:44 PM   #48
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Whose Body has been in the PD for a while already, so texts of it are easy to find. we have it here in fact. but it's the only one i've found so far. i'm hoping for the others.

thanks for the audio info.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 06:43 PM   #49
bbusybookworm
Tech Junkie
bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: iPad, MotoXStyle, OnePlusOne
Hmm, Would love to See Agatha Christies Full catalog available as ebooks. Currently only 2 that are out of copyright are available.

Same for Enid Blyton's collection. I grew up reading them and would love to reread them if they were easily and cheaply available as ebooks.
bbusybookworm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 07:09 PM   #50
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS-505, Asus EEEpc 4G
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbusybookworm View Post
Hmm, Would love to See Agatha Christies Full catalog available as ebooks. Currently only 2 that are out of copyright are available.
They are all all widely available. You just have to pay for them because all but two are in copyright.
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-14-2008, 08:02 PM   #51
bbusybookworm
Tech Junkie
bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patricia View Post
They are all all widely available. You just have to pay for them because all but two are in copyright.
Can you tell me which online book store has them?

I checked on Fictionwise and only saw The pocket essentials Agatha Christie.
Old 05-14-2008, 08:04 PM   #52
tompe
Grand Sorcerer
tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Nexus 5, Kindle PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaggieScratch View Post
I second, or third, whatever number we're on, the Dorothy L. Sayers e-books. I'd love to have the complete Lord Peter Wimsey, especially the ones with Harriet Vane. I have them all in paperback, but as Zelda said, I'm happy to make shelf room by replacing them with e-versions.
I would also like these Sayers books. Also all books by Georgette Heyer and Anthony Price since I regularly re-read these books.
tompe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 08:08 PM   #53
bbusybookworm
Tech Junkie

Duh Just realised that I was searching the Title on Fictionwise, and as such was not seeing all the books.

But I still have to say that I wish the price were a little better.

I Already own Paperback copies of most if not all, as well as Hardbacks of my favourites.
And As I Purchased them in India, The Price of the Ebook version is equal to if not more then what I originally paid for the hardbacks (UK Editions, priced cheaper )
Old 05-30-2008, 01:25 PM   #54
Lobolover
Gorosei
Lobolover has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Lobolover has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Lobolover has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Lobolover has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Microsoft Word
De La Mare's non kid stories .
Lobolover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2008, 06:53 AM   #55
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbusybookworm View Post
Duh Just realised that I was searching the Title on Fictionwise, and as such was not seeing all the books.

But I still have to say that I wish the price were a little better.
I've just bought a number of Agatha Christie books from Fictionwise for US$3.82 each (that's with "club" discount and 25% off from their sale). That's £1.92 each at current exchange rates, which compares rather favourably with the current UK paperback price of £6.99 - slightly over a quarter of the price of the paperback.

Really, how much "better" would you like the price to be? HarperCollins (the UK publisher of Agatha Christie) do seem to be pretty good with prices for their eBooks.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2008, 09:12 AM   #56
Mindy
Away with the Faeries
Mindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipse

Device: Sony PRS 650
All the old 'Point Fantasy' books that I read growing up that seem to be hard to come by even as paperbooks these days; stuff like 'Brog the Stoop', 'Dragon Search' & 'Dragonsbane' etc. And Deric Longden's 'The Cat Who Came in from the Cold' (some of which may be available, I'm only just starting to look at wishlists)
Mindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2008, 09:54 AM   #57
electristan
newbie reader
electristan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.electristan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.electristan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.electristan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.electristan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.electristan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.electristan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.electristan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.electristan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.electristan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.electristan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: reMarkable, Boox T68, Kobo Mini, Nook STR, Sony PRS-505
I've been looking for the Regeneration Trilogy by Pat Barker. lately i just have not been able to get enough information and story's from the first world war. Any other WWI books you guys can recommend would be great
electristan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2008, 10:00 AM   #58
richyhu
Enthusiast
richyhu is on a distinguished road

Device: Sony PRS-505 (Blue), PRS-700, PRS-T1 (Black)
Like the original poster I am a big fan of Latin American literature and would love to see some Vargas Llosa & Garcia Marquez available in ebook format. Would also love to see the Edith Grossman translation of Don Quixote.
richyhu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2008, 10:32 AM   #59
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by richyhu View Post
Like the original poster I am a big fan of Latin American literature and would love to see some Vargas Llosa & Garcia Marquez available in ebook format. Would also love to see the Edith Grossman translation of Don Quixote.
Here! Here! Yes, I too would love to find all of Mario Vargas Llossa's work available as ebooks, and that other guy, too.

Seriously, a Nobel Prize winner in Literature and very little available as an ebook??!!

...and Vargas Llossa, also a major contender for the Nobel...but moving beyond awards and critical perception, these two authors speak to generations of readers; they invite participation from their readers; and they celebrate the joys and damnations of life.

"The horror, the horror....."

Don
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2008, 03:27 PM   #60
Mindy
Away with the Faeries
Mindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipse

Device: Sony PRS 650
Forgot the most obvious one!
The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy with a function that makes your reader display 'Don't Panic' when it powers up!
(used to have that on an old palmtop)
Mindy is offline   Reply With Quote