Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Workshop

Notices

Old 12-30-2012, 02:43 AM   #1
mideel
mideel began at the beginning.

Device: android office
My Best Way To Read Ebook On Small Screen

First: sorry for my bad english since english is not my main language

I'm actually quite new in reading ebook at small screen or tablet, because before i was too focused on laptop until i need to travel a lot recently and carrying laptop is just too heavy and also its not quite easy to read ebook using laptop.. so i bought this 7" tablet.. at the beginning i thought small screen doesn't matter, there must be an easy way to read the text flowing to the new line rather than we have to scroll it left or right

i was wrong... to make all of my pdf readable on small screen is not an easy task because the pdf re flow abilities of most tablet ebook readers are not satisfying... i've been googling and browsing looking for an solutions and after tried different methods and failed in some methods i took two of the methods as the best ways and the only working methods... what do you think of this various methods other than depend on your ebook reader pdf reflow?

X * Converting from pdf to epub :totally dissapointing, its a complete mess for most of the converters, however there is this is ston converter demo that allow you to convert half of the pages and no more than ten pages but they do it quite smoothly ... but still don't dare to buy it... anyone have tried it?

X * Converting from pdf to epub by convert the pdf to other formats first and using various converters: :: in my experience this is still quite a mess too, not much different from the first... it doesn't matter you convert what to what using what converters in the end its still a mess, however even though its not perfect but i found rtf format is more smoothly when its converted to epub

X * Converting from pdf to pdf with larger font or smaller pages: this is also difficult, i've been using k2optpdf but like i said i can't do it with satisfying result

X * Converting from pdf to word and enlarge the font: unlike pdf to epub converters some of the free pdf to word converters do it smoothly, however if you try to enlarge the font, the documents will be a messed up

V* Copy paste the pdf to word and enlarge the font:This one is work for me, a bit mess but its better than convert pdf to epub... we have to check all pages, edit the errors and add the images, next we can enlarge the font then we can save it as word or pdf

V* Copy paste the pdf to word then save it as rtf then convert it to epub: identical to previous method, in here we edit the errors, add the images but instead of enlarge the font we save this as rtf then convert it to epub, however the calibre conversion still put unnecessary line break based on the neline in word

X Learn how to make epub the hard way and in detail: nah... not for me

so the only working things for me are copy paste the pdf to words, edit the errors, add image last enlarge the font or save it as rtf then convert it to epub... its too bad the rtf to epub conversion still put unnecessary line break...
mideel is offline   Reply With Quote