Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 12-11-2022, 08:21 AM   #1
Emeral Venus
Emeral Venus began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura
Exclamation Older Kobo Aura screen frozen

Hi guys!

I've got a Kobo Aura reader that I've used quite a lot in the past years, bought it in 2017, and like 2 weeks ago I just put it down, powered it off, and now the screen is totally frozen (see attachment) I've tried a lot of things:

1. Turn it back on, screen stays the same but the backlight turns on. The power light also blinks as normal. I wouldn't know what's happening on the reader as I can't see the screen change.
2. Try to reset it by holding the power button the the side for like 15-30 seconds, not sure if anything happened besides it just powering down.
3. Manual reset by pushing into the hole at the bottom, it does not fix the screen and I'm not sure what else happened.

At the moment, after doing all three of these things, the reader still responds to turning it on/off as I see the backlight switch on as it does when you just power it on.
I'm unsure how to fix this issue, would someone know how to help me with this?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Kobo.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	964.1 KB
ID:	198335  
Emeral Venus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2022, 12:36 AM   #2
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
As far as I recall, the manual factory reset procedure for the original Kobo Aura requires you to use a tool (paper clip) to push the reset button. Once you see the boot screen starting, push the reset button again. Repeat this 4 or 5 times more and your Aura should show a critical error message.

See Manual reset your Kobo Aura on Kobo's site for more information.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-12-2022, 07:38 AM   #3
Emeral Venus
Emeral Venus began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
As far as I recall, the manual factory reset procedure for the original Kobo Aura requires you to use a tool (paper clip) to push the reset button. Once you see the boot screen starting, push the reset button again. Repeat this 4 or 5 times more and your Aura should show a critical error message.

See Manual reset your Kobo Aura on Kobo's site for more information.
Thanks for your response. I have tried this, multiple times, but it doesn't work unfortunately. Screen stays frozen
Emeral Venus is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aura, backlight, frozen screen, kobo aura