Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 08-17-2011, 01:53 AM   #1
unboggling
Wizard
unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, Kindle Paperwhite 10
Unhandled exception: AttributeError?

Hi. Getting Unhandled exception: AttributeError.

Context: Mac OSX 10.6.8, in new calibre 0.8.14 installation, with config dir at default installation status, and all prefs settings at default, with the library containing only Quick-Start Guide.

When I go to calibre Preferences/Keyboard I get an apparently endless series of identical unhandled exception attribute errors as I click OK on each. Have to Force Quit calibre to escape. Tried with debug on, same thing. Couldn't find the log in /var after the Force Quit with what little old unix I recall. I'm currently looking through a Mac OS X Unix reference, which might help me figure out what I did wrong. I tried some other Prefs buttons and they look okay, no other errors so far. Meanwhile, can anyone recommend what I should do next? Thank you in advance for any help you provide.

---
calibre, version 0.8.14
Debug mode: <p>You have started calibre in debug mode. After you quit calibre, the debug log will be available in the file: /var/folders/uA/uALI-kyAFnicK1QqBLKmlE+++TI/-Tmp-/tmpGu11Mr.txt<p>The log will be displayed automatically.

---
calibre, version 0.8.14
ERROR: Unhandled exception: <b>AttributeError</b>:'NoneType' object has no attribute 'is_shortcut'

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages/calibre/gui2/keyboard.py", line 474, in sizeHint
File "site-packages/calibre/gui2/keyboard.py", line 455, in to_doc
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'is_shortcut'
unboggling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 02:06 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
This is fixed in 0.8.15
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-17-2011, 02:08 AM   #3
unboggling
Wizard
unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, Kindle Paperwhite 10
Cool, then I'll just ignore Keyboard prefs till then. Thank you!

Edit: Wow, that was a quick response

Last edited by unboggling; 08-17-2011 at 02:14 AM.
unboggling is offline   Reply With Quote