Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 05-26-2011, 04:34 PM   #1
KenIsaacson
I am what I am
KenIsaacson understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'KenIsaacson understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'KenIsaacson understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'KenIsaacson understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'KenIsaacson understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'KenIsaacson understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'KenIsaacson understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'KenIsaacson understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'KenIsaacson understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'KenIsaacson understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'KenIsaacson understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'

Device: Kindle
Report from Book Expo America

Spent Tuesday and Wednesday at Book Expo America in New York City, helping out at the Mystery Writers of America booth. It was a busy time—so much so that I was hardly able to wander the huge exhibition hall to explore. No matter, because there was plenty of action at the MWA booth, which hosted a long list of authors signing books to be given away.

One of the events at the booth on Tuesday morning was the appearance of Charlaine Harris and Tony L.P. Kelner, who signed copies of WOLFBANE AND MISTLETOE, the anthology they edited. You can imagine the long line for them!

Unfortunately, I can’t locate a complete list of the authors who followed after them at the booth, but I can tell you the books that I snapped up for myself from among those who were there. Many of these are Advance Readers Copies of books not yet even released.

THE KING OF PLAGUES, by Jonathan Maberry
CLAIM OF INNOCENCE, by Laura Caldwell
SCARED TO DEATH, by Wendy Corsi Staub
THE FUND, by H.T. Narea (Hernan’s debut novel)
ABYSS, by David Hagberg
THE DAMAGE DONE, by Hilary Davidson (Hilary’s debut novel)
FALLEN, by Karin Slaughter
LEARNING TO SWIM, by Sarah J. Henry (Sarah’s debt novel)

In the small amount of time I claimed for myself, during which I was able to go up and down the aisles, I scored copies of:

FEAST DAY OF FOOLS, by James Lee Burke
AGENT 6, by Tom Rob Smith
LIVE WIRE, by Harlan Coben (Audio)

I also ran into Barry Eisler, and we chatter for about ten minutes about the state of the publishing industry. No, we didn’t figure anything out, other than the fact that the times, they are a’changin’.

All in all, a fun time.
KenIsaacson is offline   Reply With Quote