Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Development

Notices

Old 05-26-2012, 08:11 AM   #271
Firedancer885
Occassional Beta Tester
Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 (wifi only)
Thank you very much
Firedancer885 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 02:54 PM   #272
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite(10th)
FFDL only puts in <guide> if there's a cover to put inside it. I can add <guide> even if empty, if that would be more correct. epubcheck is happy either way.
JimmXinu is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-26-2012, 08:31 PM   #273
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwidude View Post
How about JSWolf - does the ePub now work with iBooks as you posted about?
The new beta plugin did not work. It never asked for a cover image to use and it generated the following errors.

Code:
calibre, version 0.8.53
ERROR: Modify ePub failed: No ePub files were updated

Modify ePubs
Logfile for book ID 142 (The South Lawn Plot / Ray O'Hanlon)
  Modifying:  C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Local\Temp\calibre_0.8.53_tmp_kwahxh\oavlce_modify_epub\142.epub
The South Lawn Plot - ERROR: Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "calibre_plugins.modify_epub.modify", line 59, in process_book
  File "calibre_plugins.modify_epub.modify", line 698, in _setup_user_options
  File "calibre_plugins.modify_epub.modify", line 689, in get_epub_output_options
NameError: global name 'default_margins' is not defined

ePub not changed after 0.04 seconds
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 05:08 AM   #274
kiwidude
Calibre Plugins Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
New beta version

Once again please download from here.

Contains only the fix for issue reported by JSWolf above. This is caused if the user has never specified any default options for epub output in Preferences -> Output options -> ePub Output. Which in your particular case JSWolf rather surprises me given other posts you have made, however regardless it is good to have gotten rid of yet another copy/paste error in the code. Please let me know how you get on now...
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 11:14 AM   #275
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

The reason I've never set the ePub options is that I use ebook-convert to convert to ePub.
Advert
Old 05-27-2012, 11:23 AM   #276
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Still did not work. I took an ePub and removed all references to the cover. I was never prompted for the image to use as the cover. What was put in was wrong. So what I ended up with was not correct. This feature does not work to replace the cover. If the ePub has a generic cover, when this plugin is done, I'll still have a generic cover. I know I can go into the directory and change the image Calibre has pulled out, but that's more work. The plugin should just put up a requester for me to then specify the image to be used as the cover. This is not going to be easy for the average person. They will select the option to replace the cover and get just what was there.

Code:
Modify ePubs
Logfile for book ID 142 (The South Lawn Plot / Ray O'Hanlon)
  Modifying:  C:\Users\Jon\AppData\Local\Temp\calibre_0.8.53_tmp_xfvhzm\4i8inn_modify_epub\142.epub
	Looking for files to remove: [u'iTunesMetadata.plist', u'iTunesArtwork']
	Looking for files to remove: [u'META-INF/calibre_bookmarks.txt']
	Looking for files to remove: [u'.DS_Store', u'thumbs.db']
	Looking for Adobe xpgt files to remove
	Looking for Adobe xpgt xhtml links to remove
	Looking for Adobe DRM meta tags to remove
	Insert or replace cover
	...Looking for guide cover reference
	...Looking for meta cover
	...Looking for other.ms-* guide references to clean out
	...Writing new cover image and titlepage html
	  New cover image written to: cover.jpeg
	  New titlepage html written to: titlepage_u1.xhtml
	...Updating manifest and TOC for the new cover
	  Manifest item added: ../titlepage_u1.xhtml (titlepage1)
	  Manifest item added: ../cover.jpeg (cover)
	  Meta item inserted: cover:cover
	  Spine item inserted: titlepage1 at pos: 0
	  Guide item inserted: ../titlepage_u1.xhtml:Cover:cover
	...Remove any orphaned guide images
	...Apply device specific fixes
	...Cover modifications completed
ePub updated in 1.16 seconds

Last edited by JSWolf; 05-27-2012 at 11:41 AM.
Old 05-27-2012, 11:58 AM   #277
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

I found another nice little gotcha. I decided to give the plugin a try against a DRMed ePub and here is the result.

Code:
calibre, version 0.8.53

Modify ePubs
Logfile for book ID 82 (Carved in Bone / Jefferson Bass)
  Modifying:  C:\Users\Jon\AppData\Local\Temp\calibre_0.8.53_tmp_tt05ur\y3j91p_modify_epub\82.epub
	  Found xpgt file to to remove: OPS/page-template.xpgt
	  Manifest item removed: page-template.xpgt (pt)
Carved in Bone - ERROR: Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "calibre_plugins.modify_epub.modify", line 69, in process_book
  File "calibre_plugins.modify_epub.modify", line 148, in _process_book
  File "calibre_plugins.modify_epub.modify", line 327, in _remove_xpgt_files
  File "calibre_plugins.modify_epub.container", line 545, in delete_from_manifest
  File "calibre_plugins.modify_epub.container", line 602, in delete_from_toc
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'xpath'

ePub not changed after 0.16 seconds
Old 05-27-2012, 12:25 PM   #278
kiwidude
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@JSWolf - there are no prompts for a cover because it will use whatever cover you have associated with the book in your calibre library. If you don't have a cover associated with your book record, then it will do nothing - though there should be a message in the log reflecting this. In your first example above, it has used the cover you had associated with that book - which if it was the case that you had just extracted the default calibre cover for your book record, then of course all it is going to do is put it right back in the book again. So it has worked as intended in that case from what I see.

As for the DRM'd ebook - there is logic that is supposed to detect a book with DRM and not attempt to insert a cover in that situation. Clearly you have a book which managed to bypass that logic. If you are able to PM me a link to that book it would be appreciated.
Old 05-27-2012, 12:40 PM   #279
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwidude View Post
@JSWolf - there are no prompts for a cover because it will use whatever cover you have associated with the book in your calibre library. If you don't have a cover associated with your book record, then it will do nothing - though there should be a message in the log reflecting this. In your first example above, it has used the cover you had associated with that book - which if it was the case that you had just extracted the default calibre cover for your book record, then of course all it is going to do is put it right back in the book again. So it has worked as intended in that case from what I see.
I didn't associate any cover with the book. Calibre did. Calibre associated the current cover. So your plugin just basically puts that back in. That's of no use to anyone. It should prompt for a new cover image to use. It should not assume that everyone knows how to associate the cover they want with the eBook. It's just not working if all it will do for a lot of people is put back the same cover they didn't want in the first place.

Quote:
As for the DRM'd ebook - there is logic that is supposed to detect a book with DRM and not attempt to insert a cover in that situation. Clearly you have a book which managed to bypass that logic. If you are able to PM me a link to that book it would be appreciated.
The book in question is a library eBook (via Overdrive) with time limited DRM.
Old 05-27-2012, 12:58 PM   #280
kiwidude

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
I didn't associate any cover with the book. Calibre did. Calibre associated the current cover. So your plugin just basically puts that back in. That's of no use to anyone. It should prompt for a new cover image to use. It should not assume that everyone knows how to associate the cover they want with the eBook. It's just not working if all it will do for a lot of people is put back the same cover they didn't want in the first place.
Here is some calibre 101 just for you...

When you add a book to calibre, it will only extract the existing cover from the book if in Preferences -> Adding books you have set "Read metadata from file contents rather than file name". In that situation, *if* the book has a cover that calibre is able to detect, it will make that the default cover.

However if you don't have that option checked (or even if you do) many users subsequently use metadata download plugins to pull in corrected, missing or better metadata and covers for a book. Or they use the Search the Internet plugin to use google images and drag/drop in the cover.

I am *not* going to add yet another interactive option to this plugin for choosing a cover - it already exists in multiple places in calibre. If you don't want to use a metadata download or STI plugin, then just hit E to bring up the metadata download dialog and click on the Browse button next to the existing cover image.

The whole point of calibre's cover browser, book details panel etc is to show you the cover associated with a book, independent of what image is currently inside the book. You however are coming from a command line background with ebook-convert, rather than already being used to calibre's existing gui workflow / conversion engine - which incidentally uses exactly the same ingrained expectation of using the cover image a user has associated with the book in the calibre library.

Now as to why a user would extract the existing cover from a book and then use this plugin to put it right back in again... umm, you did it, not me? I will say that what this functionality will do for some ePubs is ensure that the cover being put back into the epub (a) has *all* the manifest entries created perfectly to ensure the cover is correctly identified by a range of devices and software, and (b) that the cover image has been rescaled to match your output device profile, to reduce epub size and possibly render better on that device.

Thanks for the PM'd link btw, I will take a look into why that ePub didn't get kicked out earlier shortly.
Old 05-27-2012, 01:17 PM   #281
kiwidude

@JSWolf - only just realised looking at your log that you were trying to use a *different* Modify ePub option on that DRM'd ebook. Had you just selected the new "Insert or replace cover" option, then you would have got the error message telling you it could not do that.

Instead you chose (amongst other things) the "Remove Adobe xpgt files" option. Clearly that also needs to have added to it the same DRM check to tell you that it is not possible to apply to this book, so its an old bug. I'll make sure that is sorted for the next release.
Old 05-27-2012, 11:15 PM   #282
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
So your plugin just basically puts that back in. That's of no use to anyone. It should prompt for a new cover image to use. It should not assume that everyone knows how to associate the cover they want with the eBook. It's just not working if all it will do for a lot of people is put back the same cover they didn't want in the first place.
The calibre Gui is used by the vast majority of folks (dare I say 99.9999%) to select and associate covers with books, this is a basic function of calibre. It is absolutely fair to assume that folks have used the gui to select a cover. Unless I'm mistaken this plugin allows you to insert that cover in the eBook without doing a full conversion on the book. Which is exactly the feature folks were clamoring for in a plugin.

Last edited by DoctorOhh; 05-27-2012 at 11:20 PM.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 02:21 PM   #283
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

I've managed to come up with yet another crash.

Code:
calibre, version 0.8.53

Modify ePubs
Logfile for book ID 148 (Jurassic Park / Michael Crichton)
  Modifying:  C:\Users\Jon\AppData\Local\Temp\calibre_0.8.53_tmp_qjdndl\0jy_ko_modify_epub\148.epub
	  Found xpgt file to to remove: OEBPS/page-template.xpgt
	  Manifest item removed: OEBPS/page-template.xpgt (page)
	Looking for Adobe xpgt xhtml links to remove
	  Removed xpgt link from: OEBPS/Cric_9780307763051_epub_c04_r1.htm
	  Removed xpgt link from: OEBPS/Cric_9780307763051_epub_c47_r1.htm
	  Removed xpgt link from: OEBPS/Cric_9780307763051_epub_ack_r1.htm
	  Removed xpgt link from: OEBPS/Cric_9780307763051_epub_c49_r1.htm
	  Removed xpgt link from: OEBPS/Cric_9780307763051_epub_bm1_r1.htm
	  Removed xpgt link from: OEBPS/Cric_9780307763051_epub_c45_r1.htm
	  Removed xpgt link from: OEBPS/Cric_9780307763051_epub_c31_r1.htm
	  Removed xpgt link from: OEBPS/Cric_9780307763051_epub_col3_r1.htm
	  Removed xpgt link from: OEBPS/Cric_9780307763051_epub_c58_r1.htm
	  Removed xpgt link from: OEBPS/Cric_9780307763051_epub_c21_r1.htm
	  Removed xpgt link from: OEBPS/Cric_9780307763051_epub_toc_r1.htm
	  Removed xpgt link from: OEBPS/Cric_9780307763051_epub_c26_r1.htm
	  Removed xpgt link from: OEBPS/Cric_9780307763051_epub_c25_r1.htm
	  Removed xpgt link from: OEBPS/Cric_9780307763051_epub_c33_r1.htm
	  Removed xpgt link from: OEBPS/Cric_9780307763051_epub_c02_r1.htm
	  Removed xpgt link from: OEBPS/Cric_9780307763051_epub_c30_r1.htm
	  Removed xpgt link from: OEBPS/Cric_9780307763051_epub_c38_r1.htm
	  Removed xpgt link from: OEBPS/Cric_9780307763051_epub_c34_r1.htm
	  Removed xpgt link from: OEBPS/Cric_9780307763051_epub_p05_r1.htm
	  Removed xpgt link from: OEBPS/Cric_9780307763051_epub_c22_r1.htm
	  Removed xpgt link from: OEBPS/Cric_9780307763051_epub_c14_r1.htm
	  Removed xpgt link from: OEBPS/Cric_9780307763051_epub_epl_r1.htm
	  Removed xpgt link from: OEBPS/Cric_9780307763051_epub_c13_r1.htm
	  Removed xpgt link from: OEBPS/Cric_9780307763051_epub_c20_r1.htm
	  Removed xpgt link from: OEBPS/Cric_9780307763051_epub_prl_r1.htm
	  Removed xpgt link from: OEBPS/Cric_9780307763051_epub_c42_r1.htm
	  Removed xpgt link from: OEBPS/Cric_9780307763051_epub_c54_r1.htm
	  Removed xpgt link from: OEBPS/Cric_9780307763051_epub_c27_r1.htm
	  Removed xpgt link from: OEBPS/Cric_9780307763051_epub_c03_r1.htm
	  Removed xpgt link from: OEBPS/Cric_9780307763051_epub_p04_r1.htm
	  Removed xpgt link from: OEBPS/Cric_9780307763051_epub_c56_r1.htm
	  Removed xpgt link from: OEBPS/Cric_9780307763051_epub_c28_r1.htm
	  Removed xpgt link from: OEBPS/Cric_9780307763051_epub_c46_r1.htm
	  Removed xpgt link from: OEBPS/Cric_9780307763051_epub_c48_r1.htm
	  Removed xpgt link from: OEBPS/Cric_9780307763051_epub_c52_r1.htm
	  Removed xpgt link from: OEBPS/Cric_9780307763051_epub_p01_r1.htm
	  Removed xpgt link from: OEBPS/Cric_9780307763051_epub_itr_r1.htm
	  Removed xpgt link from: OEBPS/Cric_9780307763051_epub_fm1_r1.htm
	  Removed xpgt link from: OEBPS/Cric_9780307763051_epub_cop_r1.htm
	  Removed xpgt link from: OEBPS/Cric_9780307763051_epub_c39_r1.htm
	  Removed xpgt link from: OEBPS/Cric_9780307763051_epub_c32_r1.htm
	  Removed xpgt link from: OEBPS/Cric_9780307763051_epub_p06_r1.htm
	  Removed xpgt link from: OEBPS/Cric_9780307763051_epub_col2_r1.htm
	  Removed xpgt link from: OEBPS/Cric_9780307763051_epub_c24_r1.htm
	  Removed xpgt link from: OEBPS/Cric_9780307763051_epub_c05_r1.htm
	  Removed xpgt link from: OEBPS/Cric_9780307763051_epub_ded_r1.htm
	  Removed xpgt link from: OEBPS/Cric_9780307763051_epub_col1_r1.htm
	  Removed xpgt link from: OEBPS/Cric_9780307763051_epub_c09_r1.htm
	  Removed xpgt link from: OEBPS/Cric_9780307763051_epub_c40_r1.htm
	  Removed xpgt link from: OEBPS/Cric_9780307763051_epub_c01_r1.htm
	  Removed xpgt link from: OEBPS/Cric_9780307763051_epub_p07_r1.htm
	  Removed xpgt link from: OEBPS/Cric_9780307763051_epub_c29_r1.htm
	  Removed xpgt link from: OEBPS/Cric_9780307763051_epub_c06_r1.htm
	  Removed xpgt link from: OEBPS/Cric_9780307763051_epub_ata_r1.htm
	  Removed xpgt link from: OEBPS/Cric_9780307763051_epub_c11_r1.htm
	  Removed xpgt link from: OEBPS/Cric_9780307763051_epub_p03_r1.htm
	  Removed xpgt link from: OEBPS/Cric_9780307763051_epub_bm2_r1.htm
	  Removed xpgt link from: OEBPS/Cric_9780307763051_epub_c55_r1.htm
	  Removed xpgt link from: OEBPS/Cric_9780307763051_epub_c41_r1.htm
	  Removed xpgt link from: OEBPS/Cric_9780307763051_epub_c18_r1.htm
	  Removed xpgt link from: OEBPS/Cric_9780307763051_epub_p02_r1.htm
	  Removed xpgt link from: OEBPS/Cric_9780307763051_epub_c10_r1.htm
	  Removed xpgt link from: OEBPS/Cric_9780307763051_epub_c23_r1.htm
	  Removed xpgt link from: OEBPS/Cric_9780307763051_epub_c51_r1.htm
	  Removed xpgt link from: OEBPS/Cric_9780307763051_epub_c17_r1.htm
	  Removed xpgt link from: OEBPS/Cric_9780307763051_epub_c07_r1.htm
	  Removed xpgt link from: OEBPS/Cric_9780307763051_epub_c53_r1.htm
	  Removed xpgt link from: OEBPS/Cric_9780307763051_epub_c37_r1.htm
	  Removed xpgt link from: OEBPS/Cric_9780307763051_epub_c15_r1.htm
	  Removed xpgt link from: OEBPS/Cric_9780307763051_epub_c50_r1.htm
	  Removed xpgt link from: OEBPS/Cric_9780307763051_epub_c16_r1.htm
	  Removed xpgt link from: OEBPS/Cric_9780307763051_epub_c57_r1.htm
	  Removed xpgt link from: OEBPS/Cric_9780307763051_epub_c43_r1.htm
	  Removed xpgt link from: OEBPS/Cric_9780307763051_epub_c35_r1.htm
	  Removed xpgt link from: OEBPS/Cric_9780307763051_epub_c12_r1.htm
	  Removed xpgt link from: OEBPS/Cric_9780307763051_epub_c08_r1.htm
	  Removed xpgt link from: OEBPS/Cric_9780307763051_epub_c19_r1.htm
	  Removed xpgt link from: OEBPS/Cric_9780307763051_epub_c44_r1.htm
	  Removed xpgt link from: OEBPS/Cric_9780307763051_epub_adc_r1.htm
	  Removed xpgt link from: OEBPS/Cric_9780307763051_epub_c36_r1.htm
	Looking for Adobe DRM meta tags to remove
	  Removed meta tag from: OEBPS/Cric_9780307763051_epub_c04_r1.htm
	  Removed meta tag from: OEBPS/Cric_9780307763051_epub_c47_r1.htm
	  Removed meta tag from: OEBPS/Cric_9780307763051_epub_ack_r1.htm
	  Removed meta tag from: OEBPS/Cric_9780307763051_epub_c49_r1.htm
	  Removed meta tag from: OEBPS/Cric_9780307763051_epub_bm1_r1.htm
	  Removed meta tag from: OEBPS/Cric_9780307763051_epub_c45_r1.htm
	  Removed meta tag from: OEBPS/Cric_9780307763051_epub_c31_r1.htm
	  Removed meta tag from: OEBPS/Cric_9780307763051_epub_col3_r1.htm
	  Removed meta tag from: OEBPS/Cric_9780307763051_epub_c58_r1.htm
	  Removed meta tag from: OEBPS/Cric_9780307763051_epub_c21_r1.htm
	  Removed meta tag from: OEBPS/Cric_9780307763051_epub_toc_r1.htm
	  Removed meta tag from: OEBPS/Cric_9780307763051_epub_c26_r1.htm
	  Removed meta tag from: OEBPS/Cric_9780307763051_epub_c25_r1.htm
	  Removed meta tag from: OEBPS/Cric_9780307763051_epub_c33_r1.htm
	  Removed meta tag from: OEBPS/Cric_9780307763051_epub_c02_r1.htm
	  Removed meta tag from: OEBPS/Cric_9780307763051_epub_c30_r1.htm
	  Removed meta tag from: OEBPS/Cric_9780307763051_epub_c38_r1.htm
	  Removed meta tag from: OEBPS/Cric_9780307763051_epub_c34_r1.htm
	  Removed meta tag from: OEBPS/Cric_9780307763051_epub_p05_r1.htm
	  Removed meta tag from: OEBPS/Cric_9780307763051_epub_c22_r1.htm
	  Removed meta tag from: OEBPS/Cric_9780307763051_epub_c14_r1.htm
	  Removed meta tag from: OEBPS/Cric_9780307763051_epub_epl_r1.htm
	  Removed meta tag from: OEBPS/Cric_9780307763051_epub_c13_r1.htm
	  Removed meta tag from: OEBPS/Cric_9780307763051_epub_c20_r1.htm
	  Removed meta tag from: OEBPS/Cric_9780307763051_epub_prl_r1.htm
	  Removed meta tag from: OEBPS/Cric_9780307763051_epub_c42_r1.htm
	  Removed meta tag from: OEBPS/Cric_9780307763051_epub_c54_r1.htm
	  Removed meta tag from: OEBPS/Cric_9780307763051_epub_c27_r1.htm
	  Removed meta tag from: OEBPS/Cric_9780307763051_epub_c03_r1.htm
	  Removed meta tag from: OEBPS/Cric_9780307763051_epub_p04_r1.htm
	  Removed meta tag from: OEBPS/Cric_9780307763051_epub_c56_r1.htm
	  Removed meta tag from: OEBPS/Cric_9780307763051_epub_c28_r1.htm
	  Removed meta tag from: OEBPS/Cric_9780307763051_epub_c46_r1.htm
	  Removed meta tag from: OEBPS/Cric_9780307763051_epub_cvi_r1.htm
	  Removed meta tag from: OEBPS/Cric_9780307763051_epub_c48_r1.htm
	  Removed meta tag from: OEBPS/Cric_9780307763051_epub_c52_r1.htm
	  Removed meta tag from: OEBPS/Cric_9780307763051_epub_p01_r1.htm
	  Removed meta tag from: OEBPS/Cric_9780307763051_epub_itr_r1.htm
	  Removed meta tag from: OEBPS/Cric_9780307763051_epub_fm1_r1.htm
	  Removed meta tag from: OEBPS/Cric_9780307763051_epub_cop_r1.htm
	  Removed meta tag from: OEBPS/Cric_9780307763051_epub_c39_r1.htm
	  Removed meta tag from: OEBPS/Cric_9780307763051_epub_c32_r1.htm
	  Removed meta tag from: OEBPS/Cric_9780307763051_epub_p06_r1.htm
	  Removed meta tag from: OEBPS/Cric_9780307763051_epub_col2_r1.htm
	  Removed meta tag from: OEBPS/Cric_9780307763051_epub_c24_r1.htm
	  Removed meta tag from: OEBPS/Cric_9780307763051_epub_c05_r1.htm
	  Removed meta tag from: OEBPS/Cric_9780307763051_epub_ded_r1.htm
	  Removed meta tag from: OEBPS/Cric_9780307763051_epub_col1_r1.htm
	  Removed meta tag from: OEBPS/Cric_9780307763051_epub_c09_r1.htm
	  Removed meta tag from: OEBPS/Cric_9780307763051_epub_c40_r1.htm
	  Removed meta tag from: OEBPS/Cric_9780307763051_epub_c01_r1.htm
	  Removed meta tag from: OEBPS/Cric_9780307763051_epub_p07_r1.htm
	  Removed meta tag from: OEBPS/Cric_9780307763051_epub_c29_r1.htm
	  Removed meta tag from: OEBPS/Cric_9780307763051_epub_c06_r1.htm
	  Removed meta tag from: OEBPS/Cric_9780307763051_epub_ata_r1.htm
	  Removed meta tag from: OEBPS/Cric_9780307763051_epub_c11_r1.htm
	  Removed meta tag from: OEBPS/Cric_9780307763051_epub_p03_r1.htm
	  Removed meta tag from: OEBPS/Cric_9780307763051_epub_bm2_r1.htm
	  Removed meta tag from: OEBPS/Cric_9780307763051_epub_c55_r1.htm
	  Removed meta tag from: OEBPS/Cric_9780307763051_epub_tp_r1.htm
	  Removed meta tag from: OEBPS/Cric_9780307763051_epub_c41_r1.htm
	  Removed meta tag from: OEBPS/Cric_9780307763051_epub_c18_r1.htm
	  Removed meta tag from: OEBPS/Cric_9780307763051_epub_p02_r1.htm
	  Removed meta tag from: OEBPS/Cric_9780307763051_epub_c10_r1.htm
	  Removed meta tag from: OEBPS/Cric_9780307763051_epub_c23_r1.htm
	  Removed meta tag from: OEBPS/Cric_9780307763051_epub_c51_r1.htm
	  Removed meta tag from: OEBPS/Cric_9780307763051_epub_c17_r1.htm
	  Removed meta tag from: OEBPS/Cric_9780307763051_epub_c07_r1.htm
	  Removed meta tag from: OEBPS/Cric_9780307763051_epub_c53_r1.htm
	  Removed meta tag from: OEBPS/Cric_9780307763051_epub_c37_r1.htm
	  Removed meta tag from: OEBPS/Cric_9780307763051_epub_c15_r1.htm
	  Removed meta tag from: OEBPS/Cric_9780307763051_epub_c50_r1.htm
	  Removed meta tag from: OEBPS/Cric_9780307763051_epub_c16_r1.htm
	  Removed meta tag from: OEBPS/Cric_9780307763051_epub_c57_r1.htm
	  Removed meta tag from: OEBPS/Cric_9780307763051_epub_c43_r1.htm
	  Removed meta tag from: OEBPS/Cric_9780307763051_epub_c35_r1.htm
	  Removed meta tag from: OEBPS/Cric_9780307763051_epub_c12_r1.htm
	  Removed meta tag from: OEBPS/Cric_9780307763051_epub_c08_r1.htm
	  Removed meta tag from: OEBPS/Cric_9780307763051_epub_c19_r1.htm
	  Removed meta tag from: OEBPS/Cric_9780307763051_epub_c44_r1.htm
	  Removed meta tag from: OEBPS/Cric_9780307763051_epub_adc_r1.htm
	  Removed meta tag from: OEBPS/Cric_9780307763051_epub_c36_r1.htm
	Insert or replace cover
	...Looking for guide cover reference
	  Found guide cover reference to:  OEBPS/Cric_9780307763051_epub_cvi_r1.htm
	  Related manifest item id: cvi
	...Looking for meta cover
	  Found meta tag with cover id: cover-image
	  Meta item removed: cover
	...Looking for other.ms-* guide references to clean out
	...Working with possible existing cover: OEBPS/Cric_9780307763051_epub_cvi_r1.htm
	  Guide reference removed: OEBPS/Cric_9780307763051_epub_cvi_r1.htm
	...Looking for TOC navpoint for this cover
	  Found navpoint to update
	...Inspecting old cover for removal
	  Cover page contains only this image so can be deleted
	  Manifest item removed: OEBPS/Cric_9780307763051_epub_cvi_r1.htm (cvi)
	  Spine itemref removed: cvi
	  Checking safe to remove cover image: OEBPS/images/Cric_9780307763051_epub_cvi_r1.jpg
	  No other html pages use this image, safe to remove
	  Manifest item removed: OEBPS/images/Cric_9780307763051_epub_cvi_r1.jpg (cover-image)
	...Writing new cover image and titlepage html
	  New cover image written to: cover.jpeg
	  New titlepage html written to: titlepage.xhtml
	...Updating manifest and TOC for the new cover
	  Manifest item added: titlepage.xhtml (titlepage)
	  Manifest item added: cover.jpeg (cover)
	  Meta item inserted: cover:cover
	  Spine item inserted: titlepage at pos: 0
	  Guide item inserted: titlepage.xhtml:Cover:cover
	  Setting TOC entry to new href:  titlepage.xhtml
	...Remove any orphaned guide images
	...Apply device specific fixes
	...Cover modifications completed
Jurassic Park - ERROR: Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "calibre_plugins.modify_epub.modify", line 71, in process_book
  File "calibre_plugins.modify_epub.container", line 653, in write
KeyError: u'OEBPS/Cric_9780307763051_epub_cvi_r1.htm'

ePub not changed after 1.62 seconds
Old 05-28-2012, 03:01 PM   #284
kiwidude

@JSWolf - it is because you ticked multiple options, the xpgt one found that a file needed updating to remove some html from it, and then the insert cover cover one chose to delete that same file at the later step in the pipeline. They then conflicted when it came time to write the results back to disk at the very end. I had fixed it but not bothered pushing another beta out to see if I could get away with it, obviously not...

If you just want to test the covers functionality, then only select that option (until I push the new beta out). I'm still in suspense over whether an ePub modified by this plugin solves your iBooks issue.
Old 05-28-2012, 03:54 PM   #285
kiwidude

New beta version

Ok, this fixes a few more things that got broken. I will say that so far no-one has actually reported an issue with the insert/remove cover functionality itself (outside of not handling epubs that have no guide as created by FFDL). Its just a bunch of *other* things I broke along the way or are only now being reported. So either the covers stuff is working fine, or else you guys are battling all running with so many other options turned on those issue are stopping you from seeing if the covers work

Anyways - changes in this beta:
- Ensure only the few options that are safe to work on DRM encrypted epubs are attempted
- If other options change a file in the epub that later gets deleted, don't try to write the changed file anyway at the end!
- Fix for inserting metadata jackets

Last edited by kiwidude; 07-27-2012 at 01:31 PM. Reason: DO NOT DOWNLOAD THIS ZIP - sending code to home