Notices

Old 02-22-2011, 12:32 PM   #16
Wes Sterling
Wes Sterling began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by nynaevelan View Post
Hi:

I updated my java to the most recent version and still nothing. My kindle installed folders are:

.active-content-data
audible
documents
music
system
Yes, it was a folder mismatch. I corrected it so it should work. Updated link is in the original post. Hope it works.
Wes Sterling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 05:50 PM   #17
nynaevelan
eBook Junkie
nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire 2020, Kindle PW2
Unfortunately the update didn't work either, maybe I am doing something wrong, I am supposed to put the jar file on the kindle and double-click it, right?
nynaevelan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-23-2011, 05:25 AM   #18
Wes Sterling
Wes Sterling began at the beginning.

I'm trying to find the solution. Meanwhile, if anyone else has any problems please let me know.
Wes Sterling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 07:55 AM   #19
The Old Man
Fanatic
The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, iPad Pro, Fire 8", iPhone, PaperWhite 2
This doesn't work for me either, assuming I am doing everything correctly (I think I am.)

Kindle DXG, which, of course, is Kindle 2 and Using Windows XP Pro with Java Version 6, Update 22.

I appreciate the effort. This would be great!
The Old Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 03:45 AM   #20
gdornick
Eager reader
gdornick began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle K3, PW1 & PW2, Nexus 5, iPad 2, Onyx Boox i86ML Plus
Hi Wes,

I tried your conversion program, but it didn't work for me either.
I have a Kindle 3 and Java is installed on my computer.
If I double click the .jar file (on the Kindle or my computer) nothing happens.
I hope you can work out what the problem is, because this program sounds wonderful.
Gaal.
gdornick is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-01-2011, 11:03 AM   #21
theHippo
theHippo will become famous soon enoughtheHippo will become famous soon enoughtheHippo will become famous soon enoughtheHippo will become famous soon enoughtheHippo will become famous soon enoughtheHippo will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle 3G
Try opening a command line (Start->Run->cmd) use cd to change to the directory containing the .jar file and run:

java -jar "Kindle clippings converter 1.1.jar"
theHippo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 06:16 AM   #22
gdornick
Eager reader
gdornick began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle K3, PW1 & PW2, Nexus 5, iPad 2, Onyx Boox i86ML Plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by theHippo View Post
Try opening a command line (Start->Run->cmd) use cd to change to the directory containing the .jar file and run:

Thanks for your advise.

First I tried:
which gave an error that the program was not known.

So then I tried:
C:\"Program Files (x86)"\Java\jre6\bin\java -jar "Kindle clippings converter 1.1.jar"
No error this time, but also no conversion of My Clippings! :-( [so no My Clippings folder]

I have also Duokan installed on my Kindle, could that be the problem?
I have no Jailbreak installed.
gdornick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 05:51 PM   #23
Ian Macruadh
Ian Macruadh began at the beginning.

Wow! Thanks Wes this sounds like a tremendous program.

Unfortunately it isn't working for me either. I've got the kindle 3 and am running Windows7.

I'm getting the same error that gdornick is. I've tried running from command line and got the same result.

Thanks for the work on this! It is a much needed program for those of us who need to keep track of things.

Ian Mac
Ian Macruadh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 12:40 AM   #24
ultraspy
ultraspy began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by gdornick View Post
I tried your conversion program, but it didn't work for me either.
I have a Kindle 3 and Java is installed on my computer.
If I double click the .jar file (on the Kindle or my computer) nothing happens.
I hope you can work out what the problem is, because this program sounds wonderful.
Gaal.
Hey Wes,
I have a Kindle 3 and updated Java. Sadly, I have had the same experience as others. Don't give up .. this will be an awesome addition to my (and everyone else's) Kindle.
thanks!!!!
ultraspy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 07:40 PM   #25
thatworkshop
hub
thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3G, DXG, Kobo mini
Can anyone upload this little app to some other place please? Link is dead.
thatworkshop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 06:38 AM   #26
thomass
Wizard
thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 5.3.7
there are alternatives: https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/Tools_Index#Clippings
thomass is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
clippings, converter, kindle, myclippings