Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe

Notices

Old 05-15-2010, 02:05 PM   #1
pricecw
Zealot
pricecw can extract oil from cheesepricecw can extract oil from cheesepricecw can extract oil from cheesepricecw can extract oil from cheesepricecw can extract oil from cheesepricecw can extract oil from cheesepricecw can extract oil from cheesepricecw can extract oil from cheese

Device: enTourage eDGe
Screen protector w/tooth

Hi all,

I have in the past (messagepad, palm, ipaq, etc) used a screen protector with a little tooth to it over the screen of the device. This changed the feel of writing from writing on glass to more like writing on paper.

Now the question, has anyone found a product like this for the e-ink side of the eDGe (I tend to use my fingers on the LCD side, but wouldn't mind one there too)? I really would like one, so anyone using one?

Thanks,
--Carl
pricecw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 07:00 AM   #2
Franky
Nameless Being

i went to the apple store here in town and bought the screen protection for the ipad. they wanted me to come back for the ipad itself end of may, because then they can deliver... nope, not for me, mate... but the protection stuff is cool. just cut it a bit until it fit.
Old 05-17-2010, 12:47 PM   #3
pricecw
Zealot
pricecw can extract oil from cheesepricecw can extract oil from cheesepricecw can extract oil from cheesepricecw can extract oil from cheesepricecw can extract oil from cheesepricecw can extract oil from cheesepricecw can extract oil from cheesepricecw can extract oil from cheese

Are you using it on the e-ink side? How does it feel when writing on it with the stylus?

Thanks,
--Carl
Old 05-20-2010, 02:47 PM   #4
readinglady
Old soul, young heart
readinglady began at the beginning.

Device: sony prs - 600
Have you tried Wrapsol products? I bought one for my Sony PRS 600 and I've had no problems regarding the touch screen - or anythign else - so far. They take custom orders, sou you can buy screen protection, or even full scratch-proof protection for virtually any device. They handle screen protectors for touch screen devices such as Ipod Touch, Iphone, and others. So far they provide protection for Sony ereaders, Irex, Kindle and Ipads.

http://www.wrapsol.com/
readinglady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 04:14 PM   #5
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franky View Post
i went to the apple store here in town and bought the screen protection for the ipad. they wanted me to come back for the ipad itself end of may, because then they can deliver... nope, not for me, mate... but the protection stuff is cool. just cut it a bit until it fit.
I thought Apple wasn't going to sell a screen protector for the iPad? I'm glad if they are!
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 07:12 PM   #6
pricecw
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by readinglady View Post
Have you tried Wrapsol products? I bought one for my Sony PRS 600 and I've had no problems regarding the touch screen - or anythign else - so far. They take custom orders, sou you can buy screen protection, or even full scratch-proof protection for virtually any device. They handle screen protectors for touch screen devices such as Ipod Touch, Iphone, and others. So far they provide protection for Sony ereaders, Irex, Kindle and Ipads.

http://www.wrapsol.com/
Thanks, those look interesting. I would think the Kindle DX protector would work, but will contact them about the eDGe itself.

--Carl
Old 05-22-2010, 09:28 AM   #7
Franky
Nameless Being

o yes they do, badgoodDeb. and they sell those even without a single iPad in the shop. here in CH they have to wait until the end of the month before they can see and buy an iPad.
Old 06-04-2010, 08:32 AM   #8
Gunnerp245
Gadget Freak
Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EE, Note 8
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by pricecw View Post
Thanks, those look interesting. I would think the Kindle DX protector would work, but will contact them about the eDGe itself.

--Carl
Have you found a product meeting your expectations?
Gunnerp245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 12:11 AM   #9
pricecw
Zealot

I haven't yet. Work has been crazy and although I have looked around I haven't found something that jumped out at me yet.

Still looking though, have been using the eDGe more and more, and using the writing functions alot, so I really need to get something found.

--Carl
Old 06-06-2010, 07:52 AM   #10
jerome
Enthusiast
jerome has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.jerome has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.jerome has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.jerome has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle 2, Entourage Edge, Dell Streak
this might do the job:

http://www.zagg.com/invisibleshield/...ns-shields.php
jerome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 02:15 PM   #11
pricecw
Zealot

Jerome, thanks for the link, I think I ran across them early and they didn't have anything for the eDGe. Do you have this product on anything? Wondering how the stylus feels on it.

--Carl
Old 06-07-2010, 12:54 PM   #12
jerome
Enthusiast
jerome has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.jerome has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.jerome has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.jerome has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle 2, Entourage Edge, Dell Streak
no problem Carl. but for some reason, the link is no longer accessible now. entourage edge seems to be removed from their list of devices too, but amazon has it for pre-order.

and, no i've not tried it yet. from the video presentation at zagg.com, it looks like the smooth type.
jerome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 07:04 PM   #13
pricecw
Zealot

Wonder if they jumped the gun on the web site. Still, it is cut for the eDGe, might try it.

Thanks,
--Carl
Old 06-10-2010, 11:36 AM   #14
pricecw
Zealot

OK, I just found out a friend has the invisibleshield on his touch. Got to play with it with my stylus, and I think it will work very well for what I want, not exactly what I was looking for, but overall it felt very nice to write on.

Now, just need to get the eDGe version to go up for sale, still pre-order at amazon, and not on the ZAGG site.

--Carl