Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > PDF

Notices

Old 04-11-2014, 08:33 AM   #1
user743
Addict
user743 has never been to obedience school.user743 has never been to obedience school.user743 has never been to obedience school.user743 has never been to obedience school.user743 has never been to obedience school.user743 has never been to obedience school.user743 has never been to obedience school.user743 has never been to obedience school.user743 has never been to obedience school.user743 has never been to obedience school.user743 has never been to obedience school.

Device: Kindle PW2 special offers removed by Amazon for FREE
Exclamation How to install papercrop (first sticky)

Idownloaded and unpacked papercrop…47… zip, which had three applications, (among other files,) that either gave me a error massage or a black window (command-line?) when running on Windows 7.

Can someone help me instal/run the program?

**not solved. help wanted.**

Last edited by user743; 05-10-2014 at 09:38 PM.
user743 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 01:43 AM   #2
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer
Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
According to the PaperCrop website, the last released version, was a beta version, which might not work with Windows 7. The tool also requires JRE (Java Runtime Environment), which might be disabled on your machine.

Check out K2pdfopt. It doesn't require JRE and offers the same features as PaperCrop.
Doitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 08:31 AM   #3
willus
Fuzzball, the purple cat
willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doitsu View Post
According to the PaperCrop website, the last released version, was a beta version, which might not work with Windows 7. The tool also requires JRE (Java Runtime Environment), which might be disabled on your machine.
I believe I have run the latest version on my Windows 7 (64 bit) PC.
willus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 09:53 AM   #4
user743
Addict
user743 has never been to obedience school.user743 has never been to obedience school.user743 has never been to obedience school.user743 has never been to obedience school.user743 has never been to obedience school.user743 has never been to obedience school.user743 has never been to obedience school.user743 has never been to obedience school.user743 has never been to obedience school.user743 has never been to obedience school.user743 has never been to obedience school.

Which file do i double click on, after extracting it?
Old 04-13-2014, 12:43 PM   #5
willus
Fuzzball, the purple cat
willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by user743 View Post
Which file do i double click on, after extracting it?
Double-click on PaperCrop.exe. Version 0.47 does not require JRE, but version 0.51 (which does native PDF cropping) does--it writes an XML file telling another program called "PdfCrop" (the java app) how to crop the PDF and then calls PdfCrop with the XML file. Both versions ran on my machine, though 0.51 is buggy--I couldn't select anything but vector PDF output.
Old 04-17-2014, 09:15 AM   #6
user743
Addict

maybe i need to download the Windows GYU separately? (i thought it was included.)
Old 04-17-2014, 09:03 PM   #7
willus
Fuzzball, the purple cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by user743 View Post
maybe i need to download the Windows GYU separately? (i thought it was included.)
All I downloaded to my Win 7 PC for each version was the file called:

paperCrop_0.XX_revXXX.zip

Tags
help needed, install, papercrop