Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 09-17-2012, 04:23 PM   #1
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
My version of a bad day

It began with a mild headache this morning. Turned into an ugly migraine with aura by midday. Stuck in traffic, I was unable to either take medicine nor seek refuge in a dark space. ...fast forward a few hours... The pain meds are finally working. I wanted to get up from the computer to see how my newborn baby was doing. Didn't notice that my left foot was asleep. BAM! - I crashed dived onto the floor. I stepped with all full weight on the dorsum of the foot (the area facing upwards while standing). That foot already suffered from ligament damage when I was a teenager. Now I might have torn some ligaments again.

I post this as I am applying the second ice pack on my ankle. I don't think I should do anything else for the rest of the day. Too dangerous.
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 04:25 PM   #2
red_phoenix
Grand Sorcerer
red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1

There is nothing I can say except I hope you are feeling better soon.
red_phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 04:46 PM   #3
Billi
Wizard
Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook, iRex, PB, Onyx
Giving another prove that women are only able to read selectively : You have a new born baby!!! Wow! Congratulations!!!!

Hope there will be nothing wrong with your foot and that tomorrow will be a much better day!
Billi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 04:49 PM   #4
TGS
Country Member
TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Liseuse: Irex DR800. PRS 505 in the house, and the missus has an iPad.
Back away from the computer!
TGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 05:58 PM   #5
red_phoenix
Grand Sorcerer
red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billi View Post
Giving another prove that women are only able to read selectively : You have a new born baby!!! Wow! Congratulations!!!!

Hope there will be nothing wrong with your foot and that tomorrow will be a much better day!
Guilty...I was in a hurry (end of workday) and didn't read the post carefully enough.

Congrats on the new born!!!!
red_phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 06:06 PM   #6
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TGS View Post
Back away from the computer!
No! Don't! Look behind you first! Don't step on that baby rattle! Noooooooooooooooo!!

Too late!

Poohbear's rule of life: once bad things start happening, they just continue. Surrender and live to battle another day!
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 06:10 PM   #7
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks.

Sophie is three months old, not sure if she still qualifies as a newborn.

Ahhh... my foot is itching from the ice pack. Hope that's a good sign.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0012.jpg
Views:	203
Size:	189.8 KB
ID:	92528  
Old 09-17-2012, 07:06 PM   #8
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Alex - keep a pair of amber or yellow lens glasses in your car. If/when a migraine starts to develop, these lenses can really decrease your eye strain/head pain until you can get to a dark room. They take the painful glare out of sunlight, or from oncoming headlights. I always have a pair in the car, and I also use them if I have to use a computer - they can lessen the pain from bright screens.
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 05:33 AM   #9
Maggie May
Grand Sorcerer
Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: CYbook Gen3 and Sony PRS 3505 Kindle 3 G Nexus 7 iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander Turcic View Post
Thanks.

Sophie is three months old, not sure if she still qualifies as a newborn.

Ahhh... my foot is itching from the ice pack. Hope that's a good sign.

What a beautiful baby. Hope your foot gets better quickly.
Maggie May is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 01:01 PM   #10
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged

Thanks guys!!!!!!!!!

My ankle is swollen like a balloon and it hurts badly when I try to step on the foot. Tomorrow I have an x-ray appointment... hoping that it's nothing bad since I have a flight to catch this Friday.
Old 09-18-2012, 01:39 PM   #11
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
Very cute lil baby girl! And boo-hiss about the ankle. I hope it improves quickly. Maybe this is a signal that you should spend time laying/sitting on the floor playing with the baby. Not using your ankle at all! Best of luck.
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 01:54 PM   #12
cromag
Surfin the alpha waves ~~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite & Mini, Nook STR, Kobo, Hanvon N516, Kindle 2, Androids
What a great looking baby! These are the best days!

Oh. And I hope your foot is doing better!

Last edited by cromag; 09-19-2012 at 02:17 AM. Reason: (Left out the word "foot!")
cromag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 10:43 PM   #13
FizzyWater
You kids get off my lawn!
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2 and Libra H2O and half a dozen older models I can't let go of
Congratulations on the beautiful baby girl! And I hope you don't get back news with the X-Ray....gonna let someone else drive you there?
FizzyWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 06:58 AM   #14
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged

My dad drove me to the hospital today. The x-ray didn't reveal anything broken nor torn. Only badly bruised. Lucky me!! However, the doctor was quite concerned about my flatfeet and that I should immediately wear custom orthotics.
Old 09-19-2012, 02:31 PM   #15
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
Mine are the opposite -- high arches. I have to wear orthotics!
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote