Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 10-23-2007, 12:16 PM   #1
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Buying from NAEB

Hi Derek,

I signed up with NAEB a number of months ago, but have never heard anything from them - no e-mails or anything.

Now that we are (hopefully) within a week or so of being able to actually order a CyBook from Bookeen I'm a little confused about what I should do. Buy one from Bookeen, or wait to hear from NAEB. Are NAEB actually going to be selling the CyBook now, or will people just buy them direct from Bookeen?

Can you clarify any of this?

Many thanks,
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 12:26 PM   #2
delphidb96
Wizard
delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: TWO Kindle 2s, one each Bookeen Cybook Gen3, Sony PRS-500, Axim X51V
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Hi Derek,

I signed up with NAEB a number of months ago, but have never heard anything from them - no e-mails or anything.

Now that we are (hopefully) within a week or so of being able to actually order a CyBook from Bookeen I'm a little confused about what I should do. Buy one from Bookeen, or wait to hear from NAEB. Are NAEB actually going to be selling the CyBook now, or will people just buy them direct from Bookeen?

Can you clarify any of this?

Many thanks,
We're developing our storefront site and getting the prices nailed down. We should have it up and running before Bookeen actually releases the Cybook.

Derek
delphidb96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 01:06 PM   #3
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
But what will NAEB's price be vs. Bookeen's?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 01:20 PM   #4
delphidb96
Wizard
delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: TWO Kindle 2s, one each Bookeen Cybook Gen3, Sony PRS-500, Axim X51V
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
But what will NAEB's price be vs. Bookeen's?
And I repeat... We're still attempting to nail it down. It won't be higher, that's a given.

Derek
delphidb96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 04:43 PM   #5
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
if NAEB's price is the same, what would be the advantage of ordering via NAEB instead of Bookeen?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 05:02 PM   #6
BKeeper
Groupie
BKeeper will become famous soon enoughBKeeper will become famous soon enoughBKeeper will become famous soon enoughBKeeper will become famous soon enoughBKeeper will become famous soon enoughBKeeper will become famous soon enoughBKeeper will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
if NAEB's price is the same, what would be the advantage of ordering via NAEB instead of Bookeen?
Lower shipping cost, no customs.... and maybe the price is a little lower after all.
BKeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 05:17 PM   #7
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
NAEB isn't out to make a profit, just to not go bankrupt, so I'd expect the pricing will be as low as they can manage to make it, but I'm not privy to what they're having to go through, so that's just my considered guess.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 05:59 PM   #8
tompe
Grand Sorcerer
tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Nexus 5, Kindle PW
And what will the warranty be when ordering via NAEB and especially when ordering from Europe?
tompe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 07:05 PM   #9
BKeeper
Groupie
BKeeper will become famous soon enoughBKeeper will become famous soon enoughBKeeper will become famous soon enoughBKeeper will become famous soon enoughBKeeper will become famous soon enoughBKeeper will become famous soon enoughBKeeper will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by tompe View Post
And what will the warranty be when ordering via NAEB and especially when ordering from Europe?

I don't expect them to sell overseas. Even if they did you wouldn't get such a great deal once you factor customs and VAT.

And definitely you wouldn't get 2 years warranty. Instead standard US warrany (for which you'd probably had to pay shipping)

@Derek Will NAEB handle repairs directly? (that could be very time consuming)
BKeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007, 02:15 AM   #10
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by BKeeper View Post
I don't expect them to sell overseas. Even if they did you wouldn't get such a great deal once you factor customs and VAT.
Hmmm. I would certainly hope that they do. There was no mention of geographical restrictions when one signed up with them!
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007, 07:04 AM   #11
roptics
roptics began at the beginning.

Device: Blackjack/Cybook soon
It is nice that NAEB is working on a project that provides more information and options for consumers.

I never understand when people whine about things like the price and warranty. Vote or choose with your wallet. If the price is too high don't buy it. If you don't like the warranty find it somewhere else or use an Amex card to purchase and it doubles the warranty. Also people get upset when they assume one thing to be true but when the policy or date or whatever is posted they feel like they were misled somehow.

Well I hate this being my first post but I felt compelled. This site has a wealth of information and it did not cost me a dime to use this site.

Robert
roptics is offline   Reply With Quote