Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 08-04-2010, 06:40 PM   #1
M_Agnum
Bezos > Jobs
M_Agnum has learned how to read e-booksM_Agnum has learned how to read e-booksM_Agnum has learned how to read e-booksM_Agnum has learned how to read e-booksM_Agnum has learned how to read e-booksM_Agnum has learned how to read e-booksM_Agnum has learned how to read e-booksM_Agnum has learned how to read e-books

Device: Kindle DX Graphite
Amazon Releases Games for Kindle

Amazon is now offering two word puzzle games for Kindle--Every Word and Shuffled Row. They are free, so we encourage you to check them out.

"If you like word scrambles then Every Word is the game for you. Test your vocabulary as you try to find as many words from the scrambled letters in this fun and fast-paced word game."

"In Shuffled Row see how many words you can make from 60 lettered tiles. The tiles are added to your row one at a time so you'll constantly be working with a new set of letters. After you submit a word, the letters you used will be removed and new ones will be added. Increase your score by using less common letters. Create longer words and increase your score even more."

via http://www.kindlepost.com/2010/08/fr...on-kindle.html

I just downloaded them and am going to give them a test run.

Last edited by pilotbob; 08-06-2010 at 03:55 PM.
M_Agnum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 08:02 PM   #2
iphitus
iphitus has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.iphitus has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.iphitus has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.iphitus has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: K2i
Amazon sent me an email regarding this, however it appears they are not available to some international customers. I'm in Australia and have 2.5 on my K2i. Nice of them to let me know what new features I'm unable to use.

The games look just like any other region-restricted title - "pricing information not available".
iphitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 09:15 PM   #3
JaneD
Addict
JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2013
I downloaded them and they're pretty fun. At least "Every Word" is fun - haven't tried the other one yet.
JaneD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 02:01 PM   #4
mike_bike_kite
Digitally confused
mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW, K2i, Nexus 7 32gb, Kobo Mini
Doesn't work in UK.

Why would they have geo restrictions on these apps anyway? I assume they work using whatever dictionary is installed so they should be able to work anywhere.
mike_bike_kite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 03:40 PM   #5
JaneD
Addict
JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Maybe now that the UK Kindle store has launched, they'll make the apps available. It really doesn't make much sense not to.
Old 08-06-2010, 03:46 PM   #6
mike_bike_kite
Digitally confused
mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Perhaps, like encryption, Kindle applications have been classified as munitions
Old 08-06-2010, 05:42 PM   #7
JeremyR
Guru
JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard, Nook HD+
Well, I believe in some countries (Australia at least), video games have to be rated by the government in order to be sold. Phones can dodge this, but I guess the Kindle can't? Or perhaps it could, but Amazon feels it wiser not to.
JeremyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 07:20 PM   #8
mike_bike_kite
Digitally confused

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremyR View Post
Well, I believe in some countries (Australia at least), video games have to be rated by the government in order to be sold. Phones can dodge this, but I guess the Kindle can't? Or perhaps it could, but Amazon feels it wiser not to.
If you bought a game over the internet then would you need to have it rated by your government before playing it? so why would I need to do this before playing word games on my Kindle?
Old 08-07-2010, 05:32 PM   #9
Tomsk
Womble
Tomsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tomsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tomsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tomsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tomsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tomsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tomsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tomsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tomsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tomsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tomsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KFHDX8.9, Fujitsu S1300, Voyage, K7
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike_bike_kite View Post
Doesn't work in UK.

Why would they have geo restrictions on these apps anyway? I assume they work using whatever dictionary is installed so they should be able to work anywhere.
I just tried as well

Maybe (hopefully) Amazon are converting it to UK English.
Tomsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 09:05 PM   #10
JaneD
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike_bike_kite View Post
Perhaps, like encryption, Kindle applications have been classified as munitions
Well they might just blow your mind! (Actually they're pretty tame, they probably won't.)
Old 08-08-2010, 07:11 PM   #11
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Shuffled Row is pretty cool. Haven't tried the other one yet.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 07:22 PM   #12
Teyrnon
Groupie
Teyrnon has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Teyrnon has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Teyrnon has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Teyrnon has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: jetBook, Kindle DX, Kindle 3, Kindle Fire, Nook Simple Touch
Both are addictive. They'll eat through that battery life pretty quickly.
Teyrnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 10:40 PM   #13
leebase
Karma Kameleon
leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, iPhone X, Kindle Fire Tab HD 8, Walmart Onn
Oh no. Now people won't be able to READ on their kindle without all the distraction of GAMES! You know, like how the iPad is so terrible for being able to do so many other things than reading such that someone can't actually have self control to read.

Lee
leebase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 11:09 PM   #14
carld
Wizard
carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
I ordered both games for my K3, but I'd really like to see interactive adventures like the old Zork games, or even choose your own adventure books. I'm a big reader, but a I like taking a break to play a few games once in a while.
carld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 08:57 AM   #15
bjones6416
↓↓ Skirt!! Earrings!!
bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Acer netbook, JetBook Lite, Sony PRS-300, Kindle 2, Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teyrnon View Post
Both are addictive. They'll eat through that battery life pretty quickly.
Is that why the battery is going down so quickly on my K2?
bjones6416 is offline   Reply With Quote