Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Server

Notices

Old 02-29-2024, 04:35 PM   #1
Crucis
Crucis began at the beginning.

Device: Samsung Epic/Galaxy
Content server user data

I'm attempting to migrate Calibre from 6.5 on a Win7 PC to version 7.5.1 on Ubuntu linux server. Calibre is working on the Ubuntu server. I copied the calibre book library from the Win7 pc and all the books and metedata was there. However, when I brought up the content server, the users were not included.

I'm using Calibre to store text/docs for a 25 user writer's group. Where are the user data stored? Is it just a simple copy of the file from the 6.5 calibre Win7 to the Linux 7.5.1 version?
Crucis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2024, 05:44 PM   #2
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
You should use the feature described here ==>> How do I move my calibre data from one computer to another?.

It takes care of all the cross platform issues, including te server user database in the config folder.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-01-2024, 12:59 AM   #3
nqk
Fanatic
nqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Onyx Boox Leaf
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crucis View Post
I'm attempting to migrate Calibre from 6.5 on a Win7 PC to version 7.5.1 on Ubuntu linux server. Calibre is working on the Ubuntu server. I copied the calibre book library from the Win7 pc and all the books and metedata was there. However, when I brought up the content server, the users were not included.

I'm using Calibre to store text/docs for a 25 user writer's group. Where are the user data stored? Is it just a simple copy of the file from the 6.5 calibre Win7 to the Linux 7.5.1 version?
You want to copy the file server-users.sqlite located in calibre configuration folder.
nqk is offline   Reply With Quote