Notices

Old 03-03-2023, 06:11 AM   #1441
halnurvies
halnurvies began at the beginning.

Device: kobo Libra H2O
highlighting

Quote:
Originally Posted by halnurvies View Post
On my kobo libra (4.28.18220, without plugins), the highlighting is capricious. In previous firmwares (at least since the version 4.25.15875) they were displayed incorrectly. I'm not sure if this problem has been solved, because now after an indefinite time, they disappear from the screen although they are still indicated as existing in the annotations table.
Have you encountered such situations with your kepub files ?
kobo7 4.35.20400

The problem has reappeared (or did it never disappear?!).
1. Applying highlighting on non-commercial kepub file (sigil + kepubify)
2. The highlighting effect appears and remains even after closing the e-reader.
3. Some time later the reader no longer shows the highlighting, although the table shows the various annotations.
halnurvies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2023, 07:36 AM   #1442
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by halnurvies View Post
kobo7 4.35.20400

The problem has reappeared (or did it never disappear?!).
1. Applying highlighting on non-commercial kepub file (sigil + kepubify)
2. The highlighting effect appears and remains even after closing the e-reader.
3. Some time later the reader no longer shows the highlighting, although the table shows the various annotations.
Try ePub for eBooks you want to highlight.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-06-2023, 08:46 AM   #1443
lekseus
lekseus began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
I have been using an eReader for 6 years without problems. A week ago I found out PCs (tried on 3 different ones) stopped seeing eReader.
eREader can’t use WiFi - says there’s an error.

Does any body know how to solve it?
lekseus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2023, 09:30 AM   #1444
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lekseus View Post
I have been using an eReader for 6 years without problems. A week ago I found out PCs (tried on 3 different ones) stopped seeing eReader.

Is your firmware up to date? Which Reader do you have?
Old 03-06-2023, 10:36 AM   #1445
lekseus
lekseus began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Is your firmware up to date?
Of course not. Why has it become an issue recently?
How can I install it if I cant connect it to PC by using a wire or WiFi (refuse to connect)?

Quote:
Which Reader do you have?
Kobo N095
Kobo N613
lekseus is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-06-2023, 11:24 AM   #1446
meeera
Grand Sorcerer
meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, iPadMini4, iPad4, MBP; support other Kobo/Kindles
Quote:
How can I install it if I cant connect it to PC by using a wire or WiFi (refuse to connect)?

Kobo N095
Kobo N613
When was the last time you successfully connected it to a computer? When was the last time you successfully synced using wifi? What is the current firmware on the device? Have you tried a different, known-working-for-data cable?

Also, this is a thread for bug reports. You should probably start a new individual thread for troubleshooting your problem.

Last edited by meeera; 03-06-2023 at 12:15 PM.
meeera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2023, 11:58 AM   #1447
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
You might have to do a factory reset on your devices.
Old 03-30-2023, 01:47 AM   #1448
Anak
Fanatic
Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
Quote:

Have you tried USBDeview? Remove/Uninstall (not deactivate) the usb driver, reboot the pc and reconnect the ereader and let Windows reinstall the drivers.
Anak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2023, 08:49 PM   #1449
Aleron Ives
Wizard
Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
I'm not sure if this is a bug or a problem on my end, but I created a highlight today (Friday 12 May) and the annotations menu says Saturday 13 May, instead. The time, date, and timezone are set correctly, and I'm on FW 4.35. I guess I'm looking at a highlight from the future.
Aleron Ives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2023, 12:04 PM   #1450
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Float: left issue KEPUB

An issue with some Drop caps has been bugging me for quite some time (since I first got my Aura2)
I first thought it was my code (changes) or conversions. OK, my change aggravated the issue

Wide letters like M and W would scrunch up along the left edge (unreadable) of the drop space.
This week I was reading a boxed set (Stealing the Sun) direct from Kobo and the type was too small for my old eyes, so I moved the size slider on my Libra2. The letter went from normal to scrunched
The Float box does not resize with the font
'
FWIW Great Vibes' (a Google font) also triggers these issues)
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2023, 03:49 PM   #1451
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
An issue with some Drop caps has been bugging me for quite some time (since I first got my Aura2)
I first thought it was my code (changes) or conversions. OK, my change aggravated the issue

Wide letters like M and W would scrunch up along the left edge (unreadable) of the drop space.
This week I was reading a boxed set (Stealing the Sun) direct from Kobo and the type was too small for my old eyes, so I moved the size slider on my Libra2. The letter went from normal to scrunched
The Float box does not resize with the font
'
FWIW Great Vibes' (a Google font) also triggers these issues)
Can you post the code for the drop caps?
Old 06-08-2023, 07:44 PM   #1452
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Can you post the code for the drop caps?
Did you miss the 'only for wide letters' part (same code for all)?

The same code works in ADE(RMSDK) on the Kobo. I just don't want to have to switch the driver so Calibre only sends EPUB for problem books. I would have to first send a normal KEPUB, then go back and jump thru hoops.
The drops look fine in Calibre or Sigil or Moon+

Kobo KEPUB already fail if there is letter-spacing: nn em in the style . 'Chapter 42' becomes 'Chapter42' <run together
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2023, 10:25 AM   #1453
moshano
moshano doesn't littermoshano doesn't litter

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kindle PW 11
Hi. A bug I discovered yesterday (Libra 2, 4.35 fw, didn't apply the new one yet). While inside the ebook, if you touch the battery icon to see the percentage, in some ocassions (I assume it is when you don't touch exactly in the icon) instead of showing the battery level in the popup window, the entire top strip of the screen blinks once but nothing happens. After that, if you press to go to the Home screen, the e-reader reboots itself.
moshano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2023, 11:13 AM   #1454
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by moshano View Post
Hi. A bug I discovered yesterday (Libra 2, 4.35 fw, didn't apply the new one yet). While inside the ebook, if you touch the battery icon to see the percentage, in some ocassions (I assume it is when you don't touch exactly in the icon) instead of showing the battery level in the popup window, the entire top strip of the screen blinks once but nothing happens. After that, if you press to go to the Home screen, the e-reader reboots itself.
You are best to make sure tyou have the latest firmware before reporting any bugs. Please install 4.37 and try again and let us know what happens.
Old 06-27-2023, 01:05 PM   #1455
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
You are best to make sure tyou have the latest firmware before reporting any bugs. Please install 4.37 and try again and let us know what happens.
I think that a lot of companies would appreciate this advice, but I think the best approach would be to reproduce the bug as is, understand why it is happening, and then look at the latest version to see if it has been fixed.
John F is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
pocket app