Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 10-07-2022, 07:19 AM   #1426
compurandom
Guru
compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo aura h2o, kobo forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by halnurvies View Post
It sounds like you’ve found an issue with how Pocket identifies the article content
I think there is a button in the android app to report articles that show only web view or are missing content.
compurandom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2022, 09:29 AM   #1427
HLS
Wizard
HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sage, Scribe, Boox Note 2 Plus, iPad Pros and Samsungs S6,S7,S8
I am not sure if this is a bug or not but my Bluetooth on my Sage turns off on its own. is there a way to keep it on?
HLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-03-2022, 05:10 PM   #1428
Aleron Ives
Wizard
Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
AFAIK the only purpose for the Bluetooth is listening to audio books, so if you're not listening to one, the Bluetooth is supposed to turn itself off. Is it turning off in the middle of an audio book?
Aleron Ives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2022, 03:46 AM   #1429
Ned
Ebook reader
Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O (ed 2, v1), Kobo Forma, Kobo Libra 2
Just to report that I've had my first random reset on firmware 4.34.20097 with my Libra 2, half way through reading a page when the screen light turned off (dreaded sign) and it restarted itself.
So the problem persists.
Ned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2022, 09:54 AM   #1430
Magicianreads47
Magicianreads47 began at the beginning.

Device: Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ned View Post
Just to report that I've had my first random reset on firmware 4.34.20097 with my Libra 2, half way through reading a page when the screen light turned off (dreaded sign) and it restarted itself.
So the problem persists.
From what version did your problems start? Perhaps downgrade is an option?
Magicianreads47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-09-2022, 06:58 PM   #1431
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magicianreads47 View Post
From what version did your problems start? Perhaps downgrade is an option?
Could be a problem with the eBook. That's my guess.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2022, 01:46 PM   #1432
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by ownedbycats View Post
Is the "go to page" dialog broken for anyone else? If I do an in-book search, tap "page x of x", then tap the field to insert a number, the keyboard never comes up.
This was fixed in the latest firmware. Changelog mentions the keyboard being incorrectly positioned, so that might be it.
ownedbycats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2022, 09:36 AM   #1433
HLS
Wizard
HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Some of my books on my iOS kob app is unreadable. I get odd script of all question marks or a red error box. i reinstalled, uninstalled and fixed account. cleared cache and even reset the whole ipad and nothing works.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	kobo1.png
Views:	124
Size:	138.9 KB
ID:	198624  
Old 12-27-2022, 11:39 AM   #1434
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HLS View Post
Some of my books on my iOS kob app is unreadable. I get odd script of all question marks or a red error box. i reinstalled, uninstalled and fixed account. cleared cache and even reset the whole ipad and nothing works.
That looks like an ePub with DRM. Where did you get the eBook? How did you download it? What eBook is it?
Old 12-27-2022, 12:23 PM   #1435
HLS
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
That looks like an ePub with DRM. Where did you get the eBook? How did you download it? What eBook is it?
all my eBooks are paid thru KOBO. They are not side loaded or from a 3rd party
Old 12-27-2022, 12:27 PM   #1436
HLS
Wizard

Quote:
This is strange. I chose a different sign in option. and now I can read the books. Should not be so for I always used the same sign in option for years but what ever works lol
Old 12-27-2022, 03:31 PM   #1437
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by HLS View Post
This is strange. I chose a different sign in option. and now I can read the books. Should not be so for I always used the same sign in option for years but what ever works lol
Congrats for fixing the problem.
Old 12-28-2022, 08:54 AM   #1438
HLS
Wizard

Quote:
Congrats for fixing the problem.

I had to log in and out over and over like a dozen times on all my tablets. Makes no sense lol
Old 01-29-2023, 08:17 AM   #1439
Ned
Ebook reader
Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O (ed 2, v1), Kobo Forma, Kobo Libra 2
Just to record I had my first spontaneous reboot with Kobo Libra 2 firmware 4.35.20400. -quietly reading, not touching any buttons or the screen, screen light goes off, screen goes blank, reboots.
( also posted under that firmware's own thread as people might not read both)
Ned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2023, 10:47 AM   #1440
Moloch981
Moloch981 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O
Hello, I am experiencing problems with my Kobo Libra H2O which has always worked fine up until now.

When I connect it to the PC via the USB cable, it says "computer detected" and it's in charge, but it seems the computer doesn't "see" it, the Explorer window doesn't open anymore (like it used to) and even Calibre doesn't see it, so I am unable to add/remove books from the device.

I'm trying most of the tips from here https://help.kobo.com/hc/en-us/artic...th-a-USB-cable but nothing is working

I'd like to avoid a total reset, but I'm running out of options. I hope that someone can help me.

Thank you
Moloch981 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
pocket app