Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 03-13-2011, 12:18 PM   #1
klbrady
klbrady began at the beginning.

Device: none
Hilarious New Teen/Young Adult Rom-Com for only 99 Cents.

Worst Impressions: A Novel (The Jane Series) is a YA urban twist on Pride and Prejudice featuring Liz Bennett, a 16-year-old basketball phenom whose already dramatic world is turned upside down when two popular boys enter her life--one vying for her affection and the other plucking her nerves. It's a laugh-out-loud romantic comedy. ONLY 99 CENTS!!

Back cover copy:

Sharp-witted basketball phenom Liz Bennett just wants finish high school under the radar...and without constantly defending herself against false rumors about her sexuality. With two trouble magnet kid sisters and a mother obsessed with protecting her virginity, she's already dealing with more drama than an Emmy-winning daytime soap opera. But sparks fly when two popular new guys enter her life, and she's forced from the shadows and onto center stage.

Trent Whitman, Liz's hot new admirer, pursues and woos hewith his silver tongue and hazel eyes. He turns on the charm, and Liz turns off all common sense. Darcell Williams, on the other hand, is a star football player, who sticks his cleats in his mouth from day one. As far as Liz is concerned, Trent is a dream and Darcell is a devil reincarnate.

During the Back-to-School dance, Darcell spews an oh-no-he-didn't insult that cements Liz's contempt for His Evilness. Oh yes, their feud is on and popping! Driven by spite and embarrassment, Liz instigates a series of misunderstandings that propel her into an inevitable confrontation with Darcell. But when a Bennett family crisis reveals Darcell's and Trent's true colors, will Liz's pride prevent her from accepting each for who he really is?

Worse Impressions is a humorous and uplifting coming-of-age tale!

klbrady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 04:57 PM   #2
Elfwreck
Grand Sorcerer
Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3 (Past: Kobo Mini, PEZ, PRS-505, Clié)
Link to Smashwords version: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/46950
Elfwreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 03:15 PM   #3
klbrady

http://search.barnesandnoble.com/Wor...st+impressions

It's now on Nook! I'm waiting for Kobo, iPad, and Sony.
Old 03-19-2011, 10:11 AM   #5
klbrady

Got two new reviews! So excited!

The first is a post on Facebook that I received from a Autumn Brianna at Urban Teens Read, "Read it in one night! Amazing (: too bad I was running on two hours of sleep today at school."

The second is from B&N Nook...

StacyPete
Cute, Fun Read for Teens!
Customer Rating See Detailed Ratings

Posted March 16, 2011, 4:27 PM EST: I'd give this 4.5 stars. I received a review copy of Worst Impressions and I have to say I really enjoyed this story. It's loosely based on one of my favorite books, Pride and Prejudice.

Although I'm not a teen, Liz Bennett really took me back to my awkward teen years when I felt like I never really quite fit in. She's a smart kid who is a bit of a tomboy, loves basketball, and is unlucky in love...until Trent Whitman comes into her life. He's smooth, handsome, and says all the right things. Of course, Darcell the star football player says all the wrong things which starts the tension he and Liz. This tension continues until a big confrontation where she finds everybody's true colors.

Things I Loved: The story is laugh out loud funny in parts. Definitely full of humor but her humor is natural and not forced. It follows the Pride & Prejudice closely but not TOO closely--which is a good thing. The author really manages to bring a few new twists to the story--especially with the mother--and even managed to add suspense when I already knew how it would end. Most of the characters are African-American which is the first time I've ever seen it. What's great about that is it's a typical middle class family--two parent home, no drugs, no gang violence, no pregnancies...just good clean fun. No f* bombs. Very very mild teen language.

She does touch very lightly on the subject of teen sex but not at all in a preachy way.

Things I disliked... Book was too short! I wanted more! Can't really wait for the next book in the series.

Tags
young adult, young adult romance