Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 10-13-2010, 01:29 AM   #1
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
in the feel good story of the decade...

as of now 3 are rescued. I am sure this will be a very fluid story.

for once we all win!
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 08:14 AM   #2
neilmarr
neilmarr
neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony
It's wonderful to see the news filled with lives saved rather than lost. A million miles from Chile, folks must be celebrating the good mankind can do when we pull together rather than stand divided in bitter dispute. Death is inevitable -- we can all accept that. Life deliberately curtailed in anger is not. If only the money and effort spent on 'defence' was actually in the interest of 'defence of life' in the true sense and spirit of the term. Cheers, Chile. Neil
neilmarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-13-2010, 08:16 AM   #3
MrPLD
Author's pet-geek
MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 Wifi, Onyx Boox M96
It is good to see it happening. Sadly so few events like that grace our lives. For me, things like the fall of the Berlin wall was one of those "you'll never forget" moments (other than meeting my beautiful wife )
MrPLD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 08:53 AM   #4
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
My first response to this story was joy at hearing good news after a major disaster. And then mental congrats to the government/company - whoever refused to give up on the trapped men.

Then sadness and anger - as I remembered miners left trapped in mines in other countries that weren't as fortunate.
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 09:08 AM   #5
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear_nc View Post
My first response to this story was joy at hearing good news after a major disaster. And then mental congrats to the government/company - whoever refused to give up on the trapped men.

Then sadness and anger - as I remembered miners left trapped in mines in other countries that weren't as fortunate.
I've been thinking about that as well.... I can't even imagine
Advert
Old 10-13-2010, 10:00 AM   #6
ardeegee
Maratus speciosus butt
ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-350
Some of those miners will soon want to crawl back into the mine...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worl...an-miners.html
ardeegee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 10:05 AM   #7
MrPLD
Author's pet-geek
MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 Wifi, Onyx Boox M96
I suspect a lot of those miners will come out to be very different men to what they were before the incident.

Much like returning war veterans.

Last edited by MrPLD; 10-13-2010 at 10:28 AM.
MrPLD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 10:18 AM   #8
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress

Quote:
Originally Posted by ardeegee View Post
Some of those miners will soon want to crawl back into the mine...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worl...an-miners.html
haha! yeah, I'd heard about that. *oops*
Old 10-13-2010, 01:04 PM   #9
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
It is a wonderful story. It's been shown live pretty much non-stop for the last 24h on the BBC News channel. 17 out now.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 09:54 PM   #10
happy_terd
Banned
happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS 420
I wonder how many mistresses met wives throughout this incident.

I am being 100% serious.

------------

I am glad they are out by the way.
happy_terd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 06:07 AM   #11
astra
The Introvert
astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-650 & 505 & 500
69 days?
Wonderful news they have been rescued and survived.

Mine is an ugly place to be in even for a short while.
I have been twice (4-5 hours each time) in coal mines and still remember the experience. My dad worked in coal mines most of his life (21-51).
He had a friend, a doctor/obstetrician who had a certain attitude towards miners. When they were 45, he asked my dad to take him to a mine and show him... 4 hours later he said: Alik, I forgive you all the bad moods, down times etc., that we have ever had. If you can wake up every day, come down here and stay sane it deserves respect.

Well done for the rescuers.
astra is offline   Reply With Quote