Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Server

Notices

Old 03-07-2024, 05:49 AM   #1
Comfy.n
want to learn what I want
Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Calibre E-book viewer
question

On my outdated desktop browser (Waterfox Classic), I started getting this error, recently:

TypeError: window.structuredClone is not a function
Error at #library_id=mylib&panel=book_list&search=dummy&sor t=timestamp.desc:10986:30

Is that fixable? I suspect it's just that my browser is based on Firefox pre-quantum add-on apocalypse in 2017, therefore some modern sites won't load, but I thought I'd ask for confirmation.
Comfy.n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2024, 08:23 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Yes, its caused by outdated browser, calibre now uses window.structuredClone which was introduced only about two years ago. So your browser needs to be more recent than that.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2024, 08:24 AM   #3
Comfy.n
Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

thanks!
Old 03-10-2024, 07:55 AM   #4
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Sadly Waterfox is now pointless since support of Classic ended. A problem created by Mozilla.

You need Firefox with it's silly GUI which seems to copy Chrome somewhat. Chromium is a more private choice than Edge or Chrome.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2024, 10:37 AM   #5
Comfy.n

Yes, I like the ungoogled chromium versions too. I wish Vivaldi could be silenced just as the chromium ungoogled version, as it's my current chromium-based browser of choice, given it's almost fully customisable. Yet there are some core differences between the Chromium-based and the now Chromified Mozilla browsers that make me still prefer the modern Waterfox. Context menu behaviour, User.js, userchrome.css etc.

Last edited by Comfy.n; 03-10-2024 at 10:43 AM.
Old 03-19-2024, 02:47 PM   #6
thiago.eec
Guru
thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Comfy.n View Post
On my outdated desktop browser (Waterfox Classic), I started getting this error, recently:

TypeError: window.structuredClone is not a function
Error at #library_id=mylib&panel=book_list&search=dummy&sor t=timestamp.desc:10986:30

Is that fixable? I suspect it's just that my browser is based on Firefox pre-quantum add-on apocalypse in 2017, therefore some modern sites won't load, but I thought I'd ask for confirmation.
I have two old iPads that I use for reading comics and for my son's books.

Since they can't be updated, Safari can't acess the Server either. So, the solution is to add the '/mobile' sufix. E.g.: http://192.168.0.200:8080/mobile

The interface is quite simpler: basically you can search for books and download them, but can't manage the library in any way.
thiago.eec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2024, 08:00 AM   #7
Comfy.n

Quote:
Originally Posted by thiago.eec View Post
I have two old iPads that I use for reading comics and for my son's books.

Since they can't be updated, Safari can't acess the Server either. So, the solution is to add the '/mobile' sufix. E.g.: http://192.168.0.200:8080/mobile

The interface is quite simpler: basically you can search for books and download them, but can't manage the library in any way.
hey mate! just saw your reply.

On another browser that I was planning to use as often as WF Classic, a Pale Moon fork (28.10.7a1.win64) that accepts my most used XUL-based pre quantum add-ons apocalypse extensions, I get a different message:
Code:
Error: Could not initialize database - You must allow calibre to use IndexedDB storage in your browser to read books
I use the content server locally mostly for quick FTS listings using http://127.0.0.1:8080/#fts_panel=search&fts_query=NEAR(%22{searchTerms}%22,30)&fts_use_stemming=n&isTrusted=true&library_ id=mylib&mode=book_list&panel=fts in the sadly irreplaceable Quick Search Bar by by Peter Fajdiga. It looks like this:

Click image for larger version

Name:	MWSnap 2024-04-02, 08_21_48.png
Views:	17
Size:	22.5 KB
ID:	207309

Was considering asking Kovid for support on this, but I gave up on it because I've come to realise that I will really need to adapt and "build" a modern browser that at least mimics all the capabilities I had with the XUL-friendly browser profile I have built and used pleasantly for decades.

The mobile interface could be a workaround for me however it doesn't offer FTS and also won't display images in author notes:

Click image for larger version

Name:	MWSnap 2024-04-02, 08_32_54.png
Views:	17
Size:	172.8 KB
ID:	207310

BTW, does anyone know of a browser that can run both XUL-based add-ons and Web Extensions, besides Waterfox Classic??

Calibre Search won't run on New Moon because it's a Web Extension. Neither Save Text to File 2.7.1, the best version, nor Tab Session Manager and others...
Old 04-02-2024, 08:06 AM   #8
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Firefox should do it.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2024, 08:10 AM   #9
Comfy.n

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Firefox should do it.
Firefox pre-quantum can't run Web Extensions, AFAIK.
OTOH, I don't see how Firefox post-quantum can run XUL-based extensions?
Old 04-02-2024, 08:12 AM   #10
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Comfy.n View Post
Firefox pre-quantum can't run Web Extensions, AFAIK.
OTOH, I don't see how Firefox post-quantum can run XUL-based extensions?
I did forget the XUL was removed from Firefox. Basilisk and Pale Moon will also do though.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote