Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Server

Notices

Old 03-05-2024, 02:48 PM   #1
yardleyse
yardleyse began at the beginning.

Device: BLU Advance 5.0, Lenovo Tab 7, Kindle PW4, BLU Vivo 5 Mini, Kindle PW3
Content server error in 7.5.1 & 7.6

Hi. I was also receiving the server error from 7.5.1, but once I upgraded to 7.6 the server is now stuck on the loading page. I can no longer access the main library unless I click on the link for the non-Javascript version of the site.

My pc is using Win10. My device is using Android 5.1(Lollipop) and both browsers I have installed (Chrome & Kiwi) are compatible with Lollipop.

I know this may be an issue where my device's OS is now outdated. If I have to downgrade Calibre, what can I do to preserve my configuration/settings?

Thanks.
yardleyse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2024, 04:25 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Windows Uninstall. That is it. That leaves behind your settings and Libraries.
DO NOT run one of those 'cleaners'. That will more than likely, find anything related and destroy.

You should really keep backups of both the Library AND the configuration folder.
Restoring then becomes mostly just waiting for files to be copied. The other way is a massive rebuild (if you even have all those items)
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2024, 04:55 PM   #3
Comfy.n
want to learn what I want
Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Calibre E-book viewer
As a recent ex-android 5.1 user, I can totally understand. I've had 5.1 on my main phone for almost nine years since late 2015/2016 until last december. Last time I needed a more recent browser for it, I had to test a bunch of versions from the apk mirrors, until I got a working update to my Brave browser, which is a chromium -based more featured alternative.

BTW, I noticed recently that the Content Server also doesn't like my desktop browser anymore - Waterfox Classic.

Now I'm planning to migrate to Waterfox current or maybe Vivaldi.

Last edited by Comfy.n; 03-05-2024 at 05:01 PM.
Comfy.n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2024, 11:40 PM   #4
yardleyse

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Windows Uninstall. That is it. That leaves behind your settings and Libraries.
DO NOT run one of those 'cleaners'. That will more than likely, find anything related and destroy.

You should really keep backups of both the Library AND the configuration folder.
Restoring then becomes mostly just waiting for files to be copied. The other way is a massive rebuild (if you even have all those items)
I downgraded to 7.4 and didn't have to restore my library nor the configuration files. Best of all, the content server works once again.

Thanks.
Old 03-06-2024, 12:05 AM   #5
yardleyse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comfy.n View Post
As a recent ex-android 5.1 user, I can totally understand. I've had 5.1 on my main phone for almost nine years since late 2015/2016 until last december. Last time I needed a more recent browser for it, I had to test a bunch of versions from the apk mirrors, until I got a working update to my Brave browser, which is a chromium -based more featured alternative.

BTW, I noticed recently that the Content Server also doesn't like my desktop browser anymore - Waterfox Classic.

Now I'm planning to migrate to Waterfox current or maybe Vivaldi.
I know I should upgrade as well but I just can't give up on ol' BLU. After I went though 1/2 dozen different phones/tablets to replace my PW4, I found my old BLU Advance 5.0 stuffed in the bottom of a drawer. I flashed the ROM, replaced the battery, and now, it's my ideal e-reader. Its size is one step up from a mini, it's lightweight and the screen can fit more than two paragraphs of text.

It's the only device I use for reading and this is the first real hiccup I've had with the content server, so I'll just have to forego any future upgrades and keep ol' BLU happy.
Old 03-06-2024, 11:37 AM   #6
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
And you won't get fixes and new features. Welcome to obsolescence.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2024, 07:43 PM   #7
yardleyse

I've died on the hill of obsolescence many times before. I have resurrected ol' BLU twice & it has served me well. The only thing left to do is to ride it out until the bitter end.
Old 03-07-2024, 03:22 AM   #8
nqk
Fanatic
nqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Onyx Boox Leaf
Quote:
Originally Posted by yardleyse View Post
I've died on the hill of obsolescence many times before. I have resurrected ol' BLU twice & it has served me well. The only thing left to do is to ride it out until the bitter end.
Can you try Firefox?

I got this problem with Fully Kiosk Browser on Huawei Matepad Paper too. But Firefox works. I don't like Firefox, but I don't have choice now. The Browser of Pocketbook Era can't load Calibre Content Server either (version 7.6).
nqk is online now   Reply With Quote