Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Server

Notices

Old 02-09-2024, 12:55 PM   #1
bolzak
bolzak began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Email Books To Kindle

I've been using the email function in calibre to email my books to my kindle devices. I've set up the email functions, supplied my gmail user id and the app password generated by google, but suddenly I get an error "Bad Credentials" and that Username and Password not accepted.

I know my gmail ID is correct and I copied and pasted the app password directly into the password field.

These are my entries:

hostname: imap.gmail.com
Port: 465
Username: my gmail username
Password: app password generated from google
Encryption: SSL

Any ideas?

Thanks!
bolzak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2024, 01:16 PM   #2
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Works for me here though I'm using smtp.gmail.com instead of imap. You might want to redo the app password since I've found that they seem to stop working randomly and a new one is required.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2024, 01:33 PM   #3
bolzak
bolzak began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Third time must be a charm! I changed it twice before I posted but now it's working again.

Thanks.
bolzak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2024, 01:50 PM   #4
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Good to hear that you got it working again.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote