Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 07-25-2009, 09:40 AM   #31
beowulf573
Addict
beowulf573 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.beowulf573 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.beowulf573 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.beowulf573 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.beowulf573 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.beowulf573 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.beowulf573 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.beowulf573 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.beowulf573 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.beowulf573 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.beowulf573 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: PRS-T1
Well done, I'll be upgrading as soon as I have enough coffee in me to be sure I won't screw up.
beowulf573 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 10:21 AM   #32
junkml
Addict
junkml ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.junkml ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.junkml ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.junkml ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.junkml ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.junkml ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.junkml ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.junkml ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.junkml ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.junkml ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.junkml ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader
WOOHOO! Got the new version installed. Great work Kovid!
junkml is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-25-2009, 11:06 AM   #33
wallflower75
Groupie
wallflower75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallflower75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallflower75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallflower75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallflower75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallflower75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallflower75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallflower75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallflower75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallflower75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallflower75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage/iPhone 6 Plus/iPad mini
Thank you so much for all the hard work you do, Kovid!
wallflower75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 11:15 AM   #34
jotas
Connoisseur
jotas has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.jotas has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.jotas has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.jotas has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.jotas has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: who knows?
Thanks for this great program and all your work

Didn't you have idea to add also converting to .FB2 .EPUB and others from a original and added (previously converted, or not) .LRF file?

Would be quite useful for many devices and .lrf files where you don't have original file conversion source, and/or you don't want to go through the whole process of checking, formatting, converting....

Thanks!
Regards!

EDIT: a basic, Calibre-feature option, to modify font size and margin over existing LRF library files would be nice, too, as commenting over https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...t=24978&page=2

Last edited by jotas; 07-25-2009 at 11:28 AM.
jotas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 11:19 AM   #35
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
@Lily: No, you can't. You have to switch the output profile manually for each convert, I'm afraid.

@wayspooled: Another Biggles fan, cool

@idum: Sure, calibre is currently compatible with a couple of smaprtphone, the iPhone and Android based phones. It should certainly be possible to add more in the future.

@AprilHare: Can you please followup up in the calibre 0.60 thread in the calibre forum (basically, I'm guessing you need the 32 bit libphonon library)

@tonyofla: That error usually means a corrupted installer.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-25-2009, 12:00 PM   #36
jhjessup
jhjessup began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
I'm running Ubuntu and had the same problem as AprilHare- I fixed it by installing libphonon4:

sudo apt-get install libphonon4

Thanks Kovid!
jhjessup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 01:55 PM   #37
phenomshel
ZCD BombShel
phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, STB Kindle Oasis
I'm a little late to the party here, had to work yesterday and they changed my schedule so now days I work are impossible to get anything ELSE done. But I digress...Kovid, this is AMAZING!!!!! Thanks so much!
phenomshel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 02:03 PM   #38
rgeorg
Guru
rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3/3G(2x), Glo HD, Amazon Voyage
Thanks!

Just installed Calibre on Vista laptop, but can't find Ectaco jetBook on the devices list?
One more little question - after browsing by tags how do I get back to a listing of all the books in the library? When I press the "Tag" button again it goes back to the normal view but only the tagged subset of books are displayed - I'd like the entire list back if possible?

Last edited by rgeorg; 07-25-2009 at 02:06 PM.
rgeorg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 04:24 PM   #39
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@rgeorg: clicking the little clear button next to the search field will do the trick
Old 07-25-2009, 09:28 PM   #40
JenPen1
Connoisseur
JenPen1 has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Sony PRS505 (given away), Sony 650 Touch, LG Nexus 4, Kobo Arc
Thumbs up Thank you

Thanks so much Kovid (and all your helpers) for creating such a wonderful app. I loved it before but now I REALLY love it. I will send you another donation to show my appreciation for all the hard work.

~Jen
JenPen1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 11:39 PM   #41
Bren423
Bren423 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS 505 & iPod Touch
Thank you so much. Not a techie but I had no problems at all. I have been using a Mac but I decided to install Calibre also in my ASUS. I just bought an iPod Touch as a backup for my Sony PRS505 and getting Calibre to transfer my books in my ipod was a breeze.
Bren423 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 12:31 AM   #42
rgeorg
Guru
rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3/3G(2x), Glo HD, Amazon Voyage
"Reset Quick Search" button

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
@rgeorg: clicking the little clear button next to the search field will do the trick
Thanks - I found it!

Is the 5" jetBook setting anywhere - I thought that it might make a difference in the conversion output format page size (maybe not if the pages reflow)? I will save the files to disk (SD card) so I don't need it for the actual device, just the page size specs.
rgeorg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 12:51 AM   #43
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

No calibre doesn;t have a conversion profile for the 5 inch jetbook. To create one I will need the exact useable screen area in pixels
Old 07-26-2009, 12:52 AM   #44
ahi
Wizard
ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
It just took Calibre 0.6 literally more than 5 minutes to display the conversion output drop-down box. I'm guessing the GUI is going wacky, as there is only 1 book currently in the whole library.

- Ahi
ahi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 03:32 AM   #45
AprilHare
Wizard
AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhjessup View Post
I'm running Ubuntu and had the same problem as AprilHare- I fixed it by installing libphonon4:

sudo apt-get install libphonon4

Thanks Kovid!
Quote:
aprilhare@aprilhare-x64-desktop:~$ sudo apt-get install libphonon4
[sudo] password for aprilhare:
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
libphonon4 is already the newest version.
libphonon4 set to manually installed.
0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 9 not upgraded.
aprilhare@aprilhare-x64-desktop:~$
More calibre forum reading, here I come
AprilHare is offline   Reply With Quote