Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 06-10-2011, 08:34 PM   #91
wyndslash
Wizard
wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 wifi, Kindle Fire
@nash: i read by mood too, which is how i got 4 books going at the moment

wait, so by how much should our TBR list be reduced before we're allowed to buy new ebooks again? because a few $0.99 ebooks are really tempting me
wyndslash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 08:36 PM   #92
CWatkinsNash
IOC Chief Archivist
CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Meebook M7, Paperwhite 2021, Fire HD 8+, Fire HD 10+, Lenovo Tab P12
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATDrake View Post
If any of them cost less than 75 cents, they don't count. That's almost like getting them free.

Almost-free books don't count. They're practically giving them away!
In my case, they count. I recognize that part of my issue is the freebie acquisition. Why? Because tomorrow, when I see a paid book I want, I will claim that I saved soooo much money on today's freebies... Yeah, it's part of the problem. Plus, in 6 months, I've accumulated 1200 ebooks.
CWatkinsNash is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-10-2011, 08:37 PM   #93
jocampo
Layback feline
jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2nd gen, Sony DPTS1, iPad Pro 10.5"
Quote:
Originally Posted by CWatkinsNash View Post
10 were free, the other 25 were from the 25 cent sale. So I got 35 books for $6.25.

No, my record was set back when Kaplan had their giveaway. January 4th - 50 free ebooks downloaded that day.
That's a good deal CW ... mobi format, right? Can you share your sources with us?
jocampo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 08:41 PM   #94
CWatkinsNash
IOC Chief Archivist
CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jocampo View Post
That's a good deal CW ... mobi format, right? Can you share your sources with us?
Actually, the 25 cent ones are Google ebooks, so I had to alf them. That's the Unbridled Books thread in Bargains.

The other 10 free ones are Smashwords coupons - look in Bargains for a very recent "Free Horror" thread. A publisher posted with coupons for almost all of their Smashwords books.

That's right, I'm too lazy to link.
Old 06-10-2011, 08:49 PM   #95
wyndslash
Wizard
wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

i saw the free horror ones too, but i'm not sure i want them. i scare easily
Advert
Old 06-10-2011, 09:30 PM   #96
CWatkinsNash
IOC Chief Archivist

BooksOnBoard is out to get us! They just sent an email with this subject line:

"Having one of those days? Me too. Ebooks will help!"

Ack! Wonder how many will crumble at that. I almost did, but I deleted it quickly before I could be tempted to click.
Old 06-10-2011, 10:02 PM   #97
Sydney's Mom
Wizard
Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Fire 3d Gen and 5th Gen and Samsung Tab S
Ha! Well, I joined a group pledging to cut down the purchase of yarn - now I buy more than ever. So I might as well join this one too. Good luck!

Last edited by Sydney's Mom; 07-02-2011 at 04:32 PM.
Sydney's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 10:08 PM   #98
Pomtroll
Guru
Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 350, Sony T1, Kindle Touch, Kindle PW1
3 days.....3 days....
Pomtroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 10:38 PM   #99
anamardoll
Chasing Butterflies
anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Uses batteries.
Quote:
Ana!! The new kid is picking on me!!

It is too a system. *she says in her best 5-year-old pouty voice*
It really is, but if I explained the whole thing everyone would fall asleep.

Welcome to the group, Dazrin. So you downloaded 5 freebies this week? That's all? Amateur. I got 35 books TODAY.

Sorry everyone, sometimes I get surly when I come to group. Please don't give me a time out.

Edited to add: I have no idea why I'm running to Ana for help. I guess I just think she understands my issues.
It's alright, there, there.

Also, all the free Vook books don't count. That's just preparation in case someone asks for a quick run-down of the American Revolution or whatever and you don't have Wikipedia handy.

Oh, you didn't get those? Forget I said anything, then.
anamardoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 10:41 PM   #100
wyndslash
Wizard

i'm getting a high just from reading. *giddy*
Old 06-10-2011, 10:52 PM   #101
CWatkinsNash
IOC Chief Archivist

Quote:
Originally Posted by anamardoll View Post
It's alright, there, there.
Thanks. I knew you'd be there for me.

Quote:
Oh, you didn't get those? Forget I said anything, then.
No, I didn't get those because I already have them...

*sigh*

But I am feeling much better now! I'm going to go play with my new books.
Old 06-10-2011, 10:55 PM   #102
anamardoll
Chasing Butterflies
anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Uses batteries.
Welp. I've fallen off the wagon, at least as far as free books go. I hadn't seen the horror thread until you guys pointed it out, but off I went. I'm a sucker for zombie lit. I even have Zombicorns.

Will ya'll still love me even after getting 10 new ebooks that I very much didn't need?
anamardoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 11:00 PM   #103
CWatkinsNash
IOC Chief Archivist

Quote:
Welp. I've fallen off the wagon, at least as far as free books go. I hadn't seen the horror thread until you guys pointed it out, but off I went. I'm a sucker for zombie lit. I even have Zombicorns.

Will ya'll still love me even after getting 10 new ebooks that I very much didn't need?
I'll still love you. In fact, it's kind of nice to know that you're just as weak as I am when faced with free horror.

ZOMBIE FANS UNITE!!

But you see how it works here? I talk about today's score, and Joe's all like "Where'd ya get those???" and a handful of us fall off the wagon. Again.

But I wouldn't have it any other way.
Old 06-10-2011, 11:01 PM   #104
wyndslash
Wizard

i'm too scared to read zombie lit. my imagination goes wild at night @_@
Old 06-10-2011, 11:36 PM   #105
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
Quote:
Actually, the 25 cent ones are Google ebooks, so I had to alf them. That's the Unbridled Books thread in Bargains.

The other 10 free ones are Smashwords coupons - look in Bargains for a very recent "Free Horror" thread. A publisher posted with coupons for almost all of their Smashwords books.

That's right, I'm too lazy to link.
Actually you missed one then. The publisher has 11 books (one is free) and the other 10 are on the free with coupon list.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote