Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Editor

Notices

Old 12-02-2019, 06:46 PM   #1
retiredbiker
Addict
retiredbiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.retiredbiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.retiredbiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.retiredbiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.retiredbiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.retiredbiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.retiredbiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.retiredbiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.retiredbiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.retiredbiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.retiredbiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle KB, Oasis, Pop_Os!, Jutoh, Kobo Forma
Search in Preview--Strange Behaviour

I've noticed a strange thing in searching since version 4. If I search in the preview screen, that search hangs around and gets in the way of normal searches. Even if I remove the search term, it stays active. Here is an example.

I typed a common word, "now" into the preview pane search.
Then I started searching for CHAPTER in the normal text search box.
It will find CHAPTER, but it continues to position the preview at "now" as well as CHAPTER, which is a bit confusing.
I took out the "now" from the preview search box, but it just carries on, as shown in the image.
To recover, I seem to have to save, exit, and re-open the editor.

Has anyone seen this, or have a fix? Thanks.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	searchproblem.jpg
Views:	167
Size:	171.9 KB
ID:	175288  
retiredbiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2019, 10:40 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Simply delete the text in the preview search box and press enter to clear that search.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2019, 10:48 AM   #3
retiredbiker
Addict
retiredbiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.retiredbiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.retiredbiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.retiredbiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.retiredbiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.retiredbiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.retiredbiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.retiredbiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.retiredbiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.retiredbiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.retiredbiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle KB, Oasis, Pop_Os!, Jutoh, Kobo Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Simply delete the text in the preview search box and press enter to clear that search.
Press enter. How simple. How foolish I feel. Thank you!
retiredbiker is offline   Reply With Quote