Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 03-14-2018, 08:22 AM   #16
sogaiu
Addict
sogaiu can decode base 64 without using a pencil.sogaiu can decode base 64 without using a pencil.sogaiu can decode base 64 without using a pencil.sogaiu can decode base 64 without using a pencil.sogaiu can decode base 64 without using a pencil.sogaiu can decode base 64 without using a pencil.sogaiu can decode base 64 without using a pencil.sogaiu can decode base 64 without using a pencil.sogaiu can decode base 64 without using a pencil.sogaiu can decode base 64 without using a pencil.sogaiu can decode base 64 without using a pencil.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by sogaiu View Post
there appear to be many more packages
Enough to get JVM-based languages to work too -- had some success with getting a REPL for clojure via Leiningen to come up. (Now if the Clojure on Android project would awaken from slumber.)

Even apktool is available and seems to work.
sogaiu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2018, 05:21 PM   #17
mdp
Wizard
mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Even apktool is available and seems to work.
Backward engineering on-site!
mdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-15-2018, 09:33 AM   #18
Randy11
Wizard
Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung EB60, Onyx M92, Onyx Max2
Quote:
Are there any specific ruby-related things you'd like tested?
The first usages for me could be :
  • parsing ("parslet");
  • database with Sqlite and "sequel";
  • for test or fun Sinatra and GUI (maybe Tk);
  • with the "Rspec" gem.
Randy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2018, 05:54 PM   #19
sogaiu
Addict
sogaiu can decode base 64 without using a pencil.sogaiu can decode base 64 without using a pencil.sogaiu can decode base 64 without using a pencil.sogaiu can decode base 64 without using a pencil.sogaiu can decode base 64 without using a pencil.sogaiu can decode base 64 without using a pencil.sogaiu can decode base 64 without using a pencil.sogaiu can decode base 64 without using a pencil.sogaiu can decode base 64 without using a pencil.sogaiu can decode base 64 without using a pencil.sogaiu can decode base 64 without using a pencil.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy11 View Post
parsing ("parslet");
I tested this lightly with:

Quote:
gem install parslet
and via irb (example from http://kschiess.github.io/parslet/get-started.html):

Code:
require 'parslet' 

class Mini < Parslet::Parser
  rule(:integer) { match('[0-9]').repeat(1) }
  root(:integer)
end

Mini.new.parse("132432")
That seemed to work ok.
Old 03-15-2018, 06:43 PM   #20
sogaiu
Addict

Quote:
with the "Rspec" gem.
Similarly:

Quote:
gem install rspec
and trying the example via: https://relishapp.com/rspec/docs/gettingstarted worked (failure as expected, then make appropriate changes followed by success).
Advert
Old 03-15-2018, 08:03 PM   #21
sogaiu
Addict

Quote:
database with Sqlite and "sequel";
This one the pure gem route was not smooth, but there was a .deb:

Quote:
gem install sequel
apt install ruby-sqlite3 # possibly a few other .debs too
The example at: https://github.com/jeremyevans/sequel#a-short-example worked.
Old 03-15-2018, 08:12 PM   #22
sogaiu
Addict

Quote:
Sinatra
Tried the .deb:

Quote:
apt install ruby-sinatra
The example at: https://github.com/sinatra/sinatra#sinatra followed by accessing http://localhost:4567 worked fine
Old 03-15-2018, 08:19 PM   #23
sogaiu
Addict

I didn't find an obvious choice for GUI, so I've punted on that one
Old 03-16-2018, 05:57 AM   #24
Randy11
Wizard
Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@Sogaiu :

Roughly, with a Max2 I can forget to take my netbook every time. Yes, it can't replace a computer, but when the aim is to study a book like Effective testing with Rspec-3, small power is enough. My old netbook is a ASUS EEE PC 1001px with only 2 cores and 2 GB of RAM. With an external keyboard, for occasional and small tests it will be sufficient.

For the GUI, the package for Debian is 'ruby-tcltk', but the 'gem' exists too.

A small example from A First (Real) Example :
Code:
require 'tk'
require 'tkextlib/tile'

root = TkRoot.new {title "Feet to Meters"}
content = Tk::Tile::Frame.new(root) {padding "3 3 12 12"}.grid( :sticky => 'nsew')
TkGrid.columnconfigure root, 0, :weight => 1; TkGrid.rowconfigure root, 0, :weight => 1

$feet = TkVariable.new; $meters = TkVariable.new
f = Tk::Tile::Entry.new(content) {width 7; textvariable $feet}.grid( :column => 2, :row => 1, :sticky => 'we' )
Tk::Tile::Label.new(content) {textvariable $meters}.grid( :column => 2, :row => 2, :sticky => 'we');
Tk::Tile::Button.new(content) {text 'Calculate'; command {calculate}}.grid( :column => 3, :row => 3, :sticky => 'w')

Tk::Tile::Label.new(content) {text 'feet'}.grid( :column => 3, :row => 1, :sticky => 'w')
Tk::Tile::Label.new(content) {text 'is equivalent to'}.grid( :column => 1, :row => 2, :sticky => 'e')
Tk::Tile::Label.new(content) {text 'meters'}.grid( :column => 3, :row => 2, :sticky => 'w')

TkWinfo.children(content).each {|w| TkGrid.configure w, :padx => 5, :pady => 5}
f.focus
root.bind("Return") {calculate}

def calculate
  begin
     $meters.value = (0.3048*$feet*10000.0).round()/10000.0
  rescue
     $meters.value = ''
  end
end

Tk.mainloop
Old 03-16-2018, 06:12 AM   #25
mdp
Wizard
mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Roughly, with a Max2 I can forget to take my netbook every time. Yes, it can't replace a computer, [...] My old netbook is a ASUS EEE PC 1001px
See, in theory it kind of could: the Max2 is 70% faster than the netbook you mention; it's in general faster than the common Atom z8350...

(BTW: I was thinking about you while posting in the other thread about SD-cards: have you solved the process at work? To do the assessments on the RPi, I used a small and comfortable USB-to-SD dongle...)
mdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2018, 06:53 AM   #26
Randy11
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdp View Post
See, in theory it kind of could: the Max2 is 70% faster than the netbook you mention; it's in general faster than the common Atom z8350...
Yes, I'll try. An other interest : less weight

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdp View Post
(BTW: I was thinking about you while posting in the other thread about SD-cards: have you solved the process at work? To do the assessments on the RPi, I used a small and comfortable USB-to-SD dongle...)
At work : no. But with an OTG cable, a solution could be found, I hope. Yesterday I ordered this cable USB Female to Micro USB Male + USB Male OTG Host Cable . To use an USB key could be solution ... we'll see. I imagine something with a cell phone battery + the OTG cable attached to the MAX2 to use an USB key or SD-Card with a small adaptor as you propose.
Old 03-16-2018, 09:33 PM   #27
sogaiu
Addict

Quote:

A small example from A First (Real) Example
Thanks for that, I tried it and it worked fine here.

Thanks go to mdp for starting the thread and alcedo for mentioning the debian-on-termux link
Old 03-16-2018, 09:36 PM   #28
sogaiu
Addict

Quote:
Yesterday I ordered this cable USB Female to Micro USB Male + USB Male OTG Host Cable . To use an USB key could be solution ...
You probably know already, but please be careful to have a backup of your data before you test -- while testing, one of my filesystems got damaged / erased (though I had luck with using recovery for most of the data). I think this may have happened subsequent to instructing the Android system to unmount the partition / filesystem on the external media.
Old 03-17-2018, 07:34 AM   #29
Randy11
Wizard

Quote:
You probably know already, but please be careful to have a backup of your data before you test -- while testing, one of my filesystems got damaged / erased (though I had luck with using recovery for most of the data). I think this may have happened subsequent to instructing the Android system to unmount the partition / filesystem on the external media.
Thanks for the advice. Sorry to ask for clarification (some troubles with some sentences) but which filesystem 'Onyx Max2' or 'SD-Card' ?

I hope it's the 'SD-Card'.
Old 03-17-2018, 07:39 AM   #30
Randy11
Wizard

Quote:

A small example from A First (Real) Example
Quote:
Thanks for that, I tried it and it worked fine here.
Very good news Thanks.