Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 03-15-2018, 04:49 PM   #16
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: pb360
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Mobi won't work. You cannot embed any fonts. Mobi is obsolete.
What are you going on about?
j.p.s is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2018, 05:55 PM   #17
Trigun
Connoisseur
Trigun began at the beginning.

Device: kindle pw3
if i open the ebook on the calibre reader i get the smiles (like in the photo) and the reader use "Liberation Sans" if i try the same font in azw3 i still get the same result of the photo

btw this https://www.webnovel.com/book/829959...mber-One-Group is the novel i'm trying to send to the kindle ^_^

1 of the chat lurker is a monk and he is doing something monk-style so he can't talk/write and can only use gesture/emoji... without the emoji is like 1 character less in the novel ^_^
Trigun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2018, 06:07 PM   #18
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trigun View Post
if i open the ebook on the calibre reader i get the smiles (like in the photo) and the reader use "Liberation Sans" if i try the same font in azw3 i still get the same result of the photo

btw this https://www.webnovel.com/book/829959...mber-One-Group is the novel i'm trying to send to the kindle ^_^

1 of the chat lurker is a monk and he is doing something monk-style so he can't talk/write and can only use gesture/emoji... without the emoji is like 1 character less in the novel ^_^
Your computer running calibre has the "Liberation Sans" font installed. The kindle does not have that font.
Old 03-15-2018, 06:13 PM   #19
Trigun
Connoisseur
Trigun began at the beginning.

Device: kindle pw3
Quote:
Originally Posted by j.p.s View Post
Your computer running calibre has the "Liberation Sans" font installed. The kindle does not have that font.
but they said that u can add the font in the azw3 package
Trigun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2018, 06:17 PM   #20
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
but they said that u can add the font in the azw3 package
Then do it.
Old 03-15-2018, 06:42 PM   #21
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles
Quote:
If the font is included in the original EPUB it should be present in the azw3 that you produce from it.

Make sure that you select "publisher font" in the reading options when viewing it on your Kindle.
jhowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2018, 08:27 PM   #22
DuckieTigger
Wizard
DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Oasis 2, PW3, PW1, KT
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
KF8 is either in a KF8 or Mobi container or a dual-Mobi container. There are no other containers for KF8. That would be like saying ePub is ePub even in a RAR container.
Wrong, you have AZW4 and AZW6 containers for KF8, for example.
DuckieTigger is offline   Reply With Quote