Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Server

Notices

Old 01-25-2023, 02:27 PM   #1
Bookwise
Bookwise began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Keyboard
Unhappy Email books using the web content server

I'd like to be able to visit the Calibre server web page, click on a book, and easily send it to another device via the email feature that already exists in Calibre.

I see in other post about this Kovidgoyal has has said that it is not a thing natively in Calibre.
Are there any plugins that would accomplish this?

Like the ability to send a book via email exists in Calibre just that feature is not extended to the content server. All I am looking for is for it to use the email sending feature that is already in Calibre.

It just would be supper nice to be able to send it this way as not all of my use cases allow for me to go to the content server directly (or to connect to the host device via usb) on the device I want to read it on. But they can get email so it would be nice to be able to send it to them.

Is this a new feature that could be added to Calibre/The content server?

(Kovidgoyal: How much would I need to donate to Calibre to get this added?)
Bookwise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2023, 03:13 PM   #2
stumped
Wizard
stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo forma, Kobo Libra, Huawei media Tab, fire HD10, PW3 HDX8.9,
I could do that in 2 clicks already.
1 click in book details right hand pane to open the folder path, then a single right click and hold on the book format you want to send, and select send to from the drop down options.

That will open Gmail with the book pre positioned as an attachment

If 2 clicks is 1 too many, calibre sync app has a send to email option.
stumped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2023, 10:53 AM   #3
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
As I said its not something I am interested in implementing. one has to be very careful about spam and filtering when sending email which means it would only be allowed for logged in users, which makes something fairly painful to implement simply not worth the effort.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote