Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 10-07-2013, 12:34 PM   #1
Jmirko
Recovered collector
Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: see signature
Lined template / Companion software for Irex DR1000S?

I recently bought a used Irex DR1000S for taking notes at the office. The "Notes" function works fine, but does not seem to have any template options, other than the default blank page. I would prefer a lined template... Does anyone know if/how this can be changed? There aren't any template settings, and when I connect the DR to a PC, there is nothing in the folders that looks like a template...

I found some old threads about templates, and they mention the Companion software that came with the device (or was downloadable from Irex). Could anyone provide me with this software?

Thanks in advance!
Jmirko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 02:18 AM   #2
fekhner
Addict
fekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: DRs, EE, ipad/iphone, Helix
In my opinion, Xournal ported by Mackx is much better, plenty of options available ...
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=87593
fekhner is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-09-2013, 12:20 PM   #3
Jmirko
Recovered collector
Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fekhner View Post
In my opinion, Xournal ported by Mackx is much better, plenty of options available ...
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=87593
Thanks for the tip, I was able to install it, very impressive! Many-many functions and options... As for custom backgrounds: it seems like there are some pre-installed backgrounds, but if none of them are suitable for me, is it possible to install new ones?
Old 10-10-2013, 01:51 PM   #4
Mackx
Guru
Mackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to behold

Device: iRex DR1000S
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmirko View Post
Thanks for the tip, I was able to install it, very impressive! Many-many functions and options... As for custom backgrounds: it seems like there are some pre-installed backgrounds, but if none of them are suitable for me, is it possible to install new ones?
Unfortunately the backgrounds are generated by the code of xournal, so unless you want to change the source code of xournal, it is not possible.
Mackx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 02:16 AM   #5
Jmirko
Recovered collector

Thanks, Mackx. Sorry to hear that. I know nothing about programming, so changing the code is out of the question for me. Which makes your work all the more impressive.
Any idea if it's possible to chamge the template in the stock scribble (Notes) app?
Thanks again.
Advert
Old 10-11-2013, 02:37 AM   #6
fekhner
Addict
fekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: DRs, EE, ipad/iphone, Helix
If you want to get the most out of the DR, have a look at the wiki page for the software that can be installed,
https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/Digital_Reader_Software
I especially recommend Mackx's patch of the rc3 firmware for instance and also fbreader ...
fekhner is offline   Reply With Quote