Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 06-22-2009, 07:31 PM   #1
yessirrom
Connoisseur
yessirrom will become famous soon enoughyessirrom will become famous soon enoughyessirrom will become famous soon enoughyessirrom will become famous soon enoughyessirrom will become famous soon enoughyessirrom will become famous soon enough

Device: HTC HD2 and i-Pad
Scriptures and TOC links?

I have recently picked up a 505 and have converted most of my Library from .prc to .lrf. I have a set of scriptures that I have loaded and have been using with pretty good results. The only problem is when I am trying to get to a specific verse. If I want Revelations 8:1(proof that there are no women in heaven ha ha), I use the toc to pick Revelations and then toggle down to select chapter 8 link. This means I push the button eight times. I then page to the verse I want.

Here is my question. With the 700, can I select those chapters on the screen and avoid all the button presses to get to my chapter and verses?

I have these books on mobipocket on my phone and just select them on-screen.

Thanks in advance.
yessirrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 06:37 AM   #2
yessirrom
Connoisseur
yessirrom will become famous soon enoughyessirrom will become famous soon enoughyessirrom will become famous soon enoughyessirrom will become famous soon enoughyessirrom will become famous soon enoughyessirrom will become famous soon enough

Not even a comment on the joke? I would be happy to send the file to someone for testing. I live in the boonies and do not have a store within 70 or so miles.
Advert
Old 06-23-2009, 06:49 AM   #3
Wetdogeared
Storm Surge'n
Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: S0ny PRS-300/350/505/700/T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by yessirrom View Post
Not even a comment on the joke? I would be happy to send the file to someone for testing. I live in the boonies and do not have a store within 70 or so miles.
If your version is public domain, and the file size is less than the uploadable limit you could upload it as an attachment and I would be glad to test it out for you on my PRS-700.

WetDogEared
Wetdogeared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 07:28 AM   #4
yessirrom
Connoisseur

Here ya go....

Last edited by yessirrom; 06-23-2009 at 11:16 AM.
Old 06-23-2009, 07:44 AM   #5
Wetdogeared
Storm Surge'n
Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: S0ny PRS-300/350/505/700/T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by yessirrom View Post
Here ya go....
yessirrom, the TOC of this .lrf version works great.

After selecting the Book (1 touch), it only took 2 touches of the screen to get to the relevent Book and Verse.

This search works in the same fashion as if you were using the eBook Library to read the book. 2 separate clicks will position you perfectly. Using the eBook Library software is usually a good way of testing how things work on the PRS-700.

Hopes this helps.

WDE.
Wetdogeared is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-23-2009, 08:34 AM   #6
yessirrom
Connoisseur

Thanks. This confirms my need for an upgrade from the 505.