Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 12-07-2008, 10:17 PM   #1
Zorker
Zorker began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505
A new 505 on the block

Purchased a blue 505 from a Sony Style store today and looking to learn a bit more from the great people around here as I learn my way around this new toy. I was smart enough, based on my research here, to download Calibre ahead of time so it was was ready to go when I brought my new reader home. I can see how valuable this tool is and will definitely be donating to support the development project! The instructions state that the Sony software won't play in an audio CD player, so maybe I'll use it as a frisbee.

I held off on buying a LightWedge right out of the gate until I see how I get on with my MightyBright clip-on that I've had for use with p-books. Lot's of questions at this point, most of which are answered around here through the wiki or forums so I'll try to read more than type!

Now the biggest decision: Continue reading the site to learn more or dive right into my planned reading!
Zorker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 10:55 PM   #2
Seabound
Steerage Class
Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Won't fit here anymore, see sig for a list of liseuses.
Sounds like you're off to a great ereading start, Zorker. Let us know how you like your Sony after you've had a chance to try it.
Seabound is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-07-2008, 11:06 PM   #3
Ervserver
Wizard
Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
Hello Zorker
Ervserver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 12:29 PM   #4
dordale
Wizard
dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650 & 350; Kindle Voyage; Kobo Aura HD, Aura One, and Forma
Congrats on your new purchase Zorker!

dordale
dordale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 01:07 PM   #5
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi Zorker and welcome to the Forum. BTW, you've stumbled onto our dirty little secret here: That is spending more time on the MobileRead site than actually reading. But don't tell anybody
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-08-2008, 08:08 PM   #6
ChipnDale
Rescue Rangers
ChipnDale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChipnDale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChipnDale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChipnDale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChipnDale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChipnDale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChipnDale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChipnDale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChipnDale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChipnDale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChipnDale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: IPad
Hi and welcome

Hang around if for nothing else the free pre-converted books you can d/l.
ChipnDale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 12:26 PM   #7
astrodad
Guru
astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3, Kindle Paperwhite 1, iPad, iPhone
Congrats! Now read...
astrodad is offline   Reply With Quote