Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 10-29-2012, 09:27 AM   #1
KRT
KRT began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Edited metadata not loading on kindles

I recently edited the metadata (title) in five books and then sent to both my kindles (keyboard and touch). But the edited data didn't appear on the kindle for two of the books. The edited titles on the others uploaded fine. Any ideas what happened. I've checked and rechecked the metadata on all the books and they're the same. This hasn't happened in the past. I've just upgraded to calibre 9.4 on my mac. Thanks!
KRT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 09:37 AM   #2
thomass
Wizard
thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 5.3.7
try with this one

When using Calibre to change metadata you should reconvert your books to see the effect also on your Kindle.

BTW Calibre has a dedicated forum for such problems.
thomass is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-30-2012, 02:34 AM   #3
elchamaco
Zealot
elchamaco will become famous soon enoughelchamaco will become famous soon enoughelchamaco will become famous soon enoughelchamaco will become famous soon enoughelchamaco will become famous soon enoughelchamaco will become famous soon enough

Device: kindle, boox
Delete the book from kindle, edit in pc, upload.
elchamaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 09:40 AM   #4
KRT
KRT began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Thanks to both - I did finally get it working, and now know what to do if it happens again!
KRT is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kindle, metadata edit