Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 10-30-2014, 03:07 AM   #46
mrricheyrich
mrricheyrich began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 4.1.1
Thanks NiLuJe,
That's exactly what happened: I was using the Kindle 3 IP address rather than the Kindle 4 one. Ironically it was looking through the debricking pdf tutorial on this site that showed me how to setup the network device on the correct IP address using Windows and ssh in. The reason neither the Kindle 3 or 4 IP addresses worked for me on Linux (my other machine is a Raspberry Pi) was because each ethernet device takes a new number when it is first connected, hence my Kindle 3 had already taken eth0 and I should have been using "~ifconfig eth1 ..." for the next kindle.

For other people's benefit, I also found that I had to select usbnetworking again within Tequila to turn it off (it's really difficult to work out when it's off or on) and then restart to boot back into Kindle. I didn't realise you couldn't leave usbnetwork on and reboot.

Tequila nightmare over!
mrricheyrich is offline   Reply With Quote