Notices

Old 08-10-2012, 02:55 PM   #1
DMee
Zealot
DMee began at the beginning.

Device: ipad, iphone, kindle
Conversion timing out

Hi,

I have one book that keeps timing out when trying to convert it - doesn't matter what I try to convert to - always the same - runs through everything seemingly fine - 47% through conversion then says

"Flattening CSS and remapping font sizes..."

and sit there until job is terminated after 10 mins for taking too long.

Thought HTMLZ had done it as this got past the "font sizes..." business but still timed out after 10 mins mid converting all the html files to hmtl ????!!!

So what setting do I need to tweak to stop it "Flattening CSS and remapping font sizes..." or extend the timeout?

Last edited by DMee; 08-10-2012 at 03:17 PM.
DMee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 11:47 PM   #2
pchrist7
Addict
pchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: Kindle 3 3G+Wifi, Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMee View Post
or extend the timeout?
Hi DMee
Have a look at Preferences, Miscellaneous, Abort conversions that take more than:
I have mine set to never abort
No idea about your first question yet, though.
Cheers, Per
pchrist7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-11-2012, 01:41 AM   #3
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
I have one book that keeps timing out when trying to convert it
As pchrist7 stated change your timeout setting to Never abort.

Some books can take many hours, you should only have the time-out set if you choose to convert a large batch of books. This would prevent any one or two books from blocking the process and allow the rest that can convert quickly to move on.

Quote:
So what setting do I need to tweak to stop it "Flattening CSS and remapping font sizes..."
This step is critical to the conversion process.

The only conversion piece that may slow things up significantly is if you choose to Enable heuristic processing. The rest is non-optional.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 05:40 AM   #4
DMee
Zealot
DMee began at the beginning.

Device: ipad, iphone, kindle
Woooo - "Never abort" was what I was after

I had nothing set, just the basic "wade through a big book" took longer than 10 mins.

Phew - all books converted

Cheers peeps
DMee is offline   Reply With Quote