Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 11-30-2011, 05:44 AM   #91
kartu
PRS+ author
kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-300, 505, 600, 650, 950
Quote:
...slavish devotion to everything non-Apple...

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyluis View Post
That 2nd one must be old, most of that is irrelevant. 5MP? Lol. Whatever.
Actually that's the bit that makes little sense. Smartphone optics hardly deserve even 2Mp.
kartu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 07:38 AM   #92
Prestidigitweeze
Fledgling Demagogue
Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Oasis 2; Aura HD; iPad Air; PRS-350; Galaxy S7.
Quote:
. . . slavish devotion to everything non-Apple. Consumer products don't make you cool, and being an anti-Apple poseur is even more tedious than being a "fanboy". . . .
In my view, both flavors of the proposition product loyality = individuality are equally tedious and misguided, but non-Apple consumer conformity seems especially tragic because it is blind to its own conformity even as it tells Apple users they are blind to their conformity.

I've actually written about this at length since at least 2005.

Last edited by Prestidigitweeze; 11-30-2011 at 07:45 AM.
Prestidigitweeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-30-2011, 11:00 AM   #93
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S, Nook w/CM7
Quote:
You usually don't state why you are discontent or seek help for your apple products. You bash quite often. It's not that hard to go back & look at your posts. There is a difference between discontent & hate.

Anyway.....
This is simply not true. While it is easy to find threads you started that bash Android ( Android malware up 472% since July, unlikely to slow down ) you'll see there is not such thread from me bashing Apple.

And if you take the time to read my threads, the few where I do say something negative you will see I do give reasons why. You just aren't taking the time to read my posts.

I do ask when there are problems I cannot resolve, regardless of platform. But those are far and few.
How to apple id w/o a credit card

=X=
=X= is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 12:24 PM   #94
jocampo
Layback feline
jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2nd gen, Sony DPTS1, iPad Pro 10.5"
The data feature looks interesting ...
jocampo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 07:43 PM   #95
Penforhire
Wizard
Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage & iPhone 7+
Seems like a mistake for Asus to now launch the Transformer Prime with Honeycomb OS instead fo waiting for ICS. I know they are hitting the Xmas buying season (still a bit late though) but reviews and Joe Public's consciousness about the device will be tied to a long-in-the-tooth version of the OS.
Penforhire is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-02-2011, 01:57 AM   #96
Dopedangel
Wizard
Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boyue
Quote:
Originally Posted by Penforhire View Post
Seems like a mistake for Asus to now launch the Transformer Prime with Honeycomb OS instead fo waiting for ICS. I know they are hitting the Xmas buying season (still a bit late though) but reviews and Joe Public's consciousness about the device will be tied to a long-in-the-tooth version of the OS.
From what I have read Ics brings Honeycomb stuff for phones. Many of the improvements of Ics are already in HC for tablets.
Dopedangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 04:15 PM   #97
monkeyluis
Banned
monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad "3", Kindle Touch, Kindle Fire, iPhone 4S
Quote:
Originally Posted by =X= View Post
This is simply not true. While it is easy to find threads you started that bash Android ( Android malware up 472% since July, unlikely to slow down ) you'll see there is not such thread from me bashing Apple.

And if you take the time to read my threads, the few where I do say something negative you will see I do give reasons why. You just aren't taking the time to read my posts.

I do ask when there are problems I cannot resolve, regardless of platform. But those are far and few.
How to apple id w/o a credit card

=X=
I never bashed android. I stated I don't like the android market because of it's malware & that I like amazons & apples approach. I posted an article. That's it. Plus I have an android tablet, a kindle fire & I have been doing nothing but praising it. You are delusional.
monkeyluis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 04:41 PM   #98
Penforhire
Wizard
Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage & iPhone 7+
Dopedangel, if you are correct then there is little hope for ICS to hit a home run. Honeycomb still stutters and has rough edges. But I'm reading that you may be wrong. ICS browser speed, for example, may be significantly faster. We'll see. I'm rooting for it because it would bring healthy competition.
Penforhire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 04:48 PM   #99
mewmartigan
Guru
mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis (2019)
Engadget has a pretty good review of Ice Cream Sandwich online and they say its by far the best and most polished version of Android yet.

Rumor has the Galaxy Nexus finally coming to Verizon on December 8th....I can't wait!
mewmartigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 05:16 PM   #100
vaughnmr
Ebook Reader
vaughnmr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vaughnmr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vaughnmr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vaughnmr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vaughnmr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vaughnmr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vaughnmr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vaughnmr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vaughnmr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vaughnmr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vaughnmr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, HTC Evo, HTC View
Quote:
I never bashed android. I stated I don't like the android market because of it's malware & that I like amazons & apples approach. I posted an article. That's it. Plus I have an android tablet, a kindle fire & I have been doing nothing but praising it. You are delusional.
Just out of curiousity, which apps have malware.
vaughnmr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 08:26 PM   #101
monkeyluis
Banned
monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaughnmr View Post
Just out of curiousity, which apps have malware.
I don't know & I don't care since I don't use the android market. I posted an article that stated malware in the android market was up 472%. There was also just the recent privacy issue with Carrier IQ that just occurred. Though that's still being looked into. That's another thread though.
Old 12-02-2011, 09:08 PM   #102
GreenMonkey
DRM hater
GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook ST glow, Kindle Voyage
Quote:
I don't know & I don't care since I don't use the android market. I posted an article that stated malware in the android market was up 472%.
Malware appears in the Apple store also. But let's say Android malware is out of control (I've personally never heard of anyone getting any installed).
Even if so, it's the price you pay for a more open marketplace.

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyluis
There was also just the recent privacy issue with Carrier IQ that just occurred. Though that's still being looked into. That's another thread though.
Present in the iphone 4S also. Don't blame android for carrier shenanigans. Sounds like it was overblown anyway.
GreenMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 10:04 PM   #103
monkeyluis
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenMonkey View Post
Malware appears in the Apple store also. But let's say Android malware is out of control (I've personally never heard of anyone getting any installed).
Even if so, it's the price you pay for a more open marketplace.

Present in the iphone 4S also. Don't blame android for carrier shenanigans. Sounds like it was overblown anyway.
I don't disagree at all. Yes you are correct it did appear in the iPhone and I did read that, didn't mean to seem as if I left it out.
Old 12-03-2011, 01:09 PM   #104
jocampo
Layback feline
jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2nd gen, Sony DPTS1, iPad Pro 10.5"
Quote:
I don't know & I don't care since I don't use the android market. I posted an article that stated malware in the android market was up 472%. There was also just the recent privacy issue with Carrier IQ that just occurred. Though that's still being looked into. That's another thread though.
To be fair, that's true, but it happened just one time to me, on my Galaxy SII. It was an app that allows you to broadcast and download mp3s for free. I was really stupid and failed to believe it was too good to be true. My cellphone started showing weird ads and later I discovered the reason: that mp3 app.

I think is more common sense than anything else, but so far I feel safe using any Google app.
jocampo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 07:29 PM   #105
Canuck_in_Japan
Wizard
Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura, Aura H2O, Kindle PW3
Quote:
I don't know & I don't care since I don't use the android market.
So you have no frame of reference?
Canuck_in_Japan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
android, nexus