Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 02-28-2011, 09:25 AM   #31
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
@kpw: use the strptime function from sony_cache.py its locale neutral which is needed for users with a non english locale.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 10:43 AM   #32
kpw
Connoisseur
kpw can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterkpw can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterkpw can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterkpw can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterkpw can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterkpw can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterkpw can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterkpw can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterkpw can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterkpw can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterkpw can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Galaxy Note 8, Sony PRS-650, Sony PRS-600
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
@kpw: use the strptime function from sony_cache.py its locale neutral which is needed for users with a non english locale.
Thank you very much for the tip. I suspect this should fix up the problem that ThR is experiencing (I'll be posting the update and ask for verification of course).
kpw is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-28-2011, 10:50 AM   #33
kpw
Connoisseur
kpw can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterkpw can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterkpw can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterkpw can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterkpw can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterkpw can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterkpw can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterkpw can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterkpw can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterkpw can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterkpw can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThR View Post
Sorry.

Plugin V.1.0.3

calibre, version 0.7.47
ERROR: Unhandled exception: <b>ValueError</b>:time data 'Sun, 01 Aug 2010 22:02:00 GMT' does not match format '%a, %d %b %Y %H:%M:%S GMT'

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Users\Thorsten\AppData\Roaming\calibre\plugins \Manage Sony x50 Reader Book List.zip\ManageSonyX50BookList.py", line 112, in setSonyBookList
File "C:\Users\Thorsten\AppData\Roaming\calibre\plugins \Manage Sony x50 Reader Book List.zip\ManageSonyX50BookList.py", line 123, in chooseProfile
File "C:\Users\Thorsten\AppData\Roaming\calibre\plugins \Manage Sony x50 Reader Book List.zip\ManageSonyX50BookList.py", line 135, in handleSetBookList
File "C:\Users\Thorsten\AppData\Roaming\calibre\plugins \Manage Sony x50 Reader Book List.zip\ManageSonyX50BookList.py", line 139, in handleCache
File "C:\Users\Thorsten\AppData\Roaming\calibre\plugins \Manage Sony x50 Reader Book List.zip\ManageSonyX50BookList.py", line 435, in build
File "C:\Users\Thorsten\AppData\Roaming\calibre\plugins \Manage Sony x50 Reader Book List.zip\ManageSonyX50BookList.py", line 453, in buildBookList
File "_strptime.py", line 454, in _strptime_time
File "_strptime.py", line 325, in _strptime
ValueError: time data 'Sun, 01 Aug 2010 22:02:00 GMT' does not match format '%a, %d %b %Y %H:%M:%S GMT'

*ADD - after a downgrade to 1.0.2, everything works fine again.
Thanks for sticking it out ThR! Maybe I'll get this working smoothly soon...

The problem you're seeing now is a result of some new code I added in 1.0.3 to fix up a date sorting problem I found when testing the last set of changes I made. So that's why 1.0.2 still works for you (but the date sorting will be wonky in that version).

Thanks to some help from kovidgoyal, I've got an update that should fix things up for you. Can I ask you to give the attached plugin a try and verify if that is the case or not? I won't post an official update until I can be sure it's working.

Thanks again for all your help!
Attached Files
File Type: zip ManageSonyX50BookList_plugin.zip (11.3 KB, 324 views)
Old 02-28-2011, 11:30 AM   #34
ThR
Tatütatuter
ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Aura H2O, Glo HD, Paperwhite, PRS-950
Quote:
Originally Posted by kpw View Post
Can I ask you to give the attached plugin a try and verify if that is the case or not?
I have to say for this quick help. With the fix, 1.0.3. now exactly does, what it should do. Great work and again for this plugin!
ThR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 01:01 PM   #35
kpw
Connoisseur

Posted new version 1.0.4 to fix the following:
  • Use locale neutral version of strptime to fix date parse error on non-English installations
Advert
Old 03-16-2011, 01:31 PM   #36
kpw
Connoisseur

I've posted version 1.0.5 with a DST fix.

Here in Canada (or at least in my part of Canada), daylight savings time kicked in last weekend, and subsequently, I started noticing that my plugin was not setting the book timestamp in the cache correctly. I've added the logic to account for DST when I set the timestamp.

NOTE: You may not notice any behaviour changes using the previous version if you don't use the Sony driver "Use author sort for author" setting. If you do have this setting enabled, you'll probably notice with plugin 1.0.4 that the author value for books placed on the Books List will have regressed to the Sony standard "FN LN" form. This update fixes that.
Old 03-17-2011, 03:57 PM   #37
ThR
Tatütatuter
ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

@KPW - the problem I desribed first is back again -I connect the reader to the computer - calibre does its thing, after that I start your plugin. Then I disconnect the device: the 3 books are set, but all collections are gone. ????????
Next time connecting the device to calibre, calibre resets the collections. So no problem, but very mysterious.
Old 03-17-2011, 09:54 PM   #38
kpw
Connoisseur

Quote:
@KPW - the problem I desribed first is back again -I connect the reader to the computer - calibre does its thing, after that I start your plugin. Then I disconnect the device: the 3 books are set, but all collections are gone. ????????
Next time connecting the device to calibre, calibre resets the collections. So no problem, but very mysterious.
Hmmm, that is mysterious. I'll need to do a little research and muck about to see if I can come up with a reason for the issue.

If you can get the problem to happen after launching Calibre in debug mode using the "calibre-debug -g" command from a command line, then you might see some error messages in the command line console. That might help me to track this down.

In the mean time, I'll see what I can come up with...
Old 03-18-2011, 02:49 AM   #39
ThR
Tatütatuter

I tried with calibre-debug - but there are no errors to see. Is there a possibility to see "more", e.g. in a log-file with another startup-parameter?

ADD - not only the collections are gone, even the information about the last read page in the book I'm reading is gone.

ADD2 - I think, I have found something:
you know, I'm using german calibre and the german user interface within the device; in media.xml I found "german" dates within the three books your plugin has choosen. "date="Fr, 18 Mrz 2011 08:15:02 GMT" tz="-60"" instead of "date="Fri, 18 Mar 2011 08:15:02 GMT" tz="-60""
The second difference is the "tz"-parameter. The other books have 300 as value, the three books choosen have -60. But as I don't know the intent of this parameter - this could be volitional.

Last edited by ThR; 03-18-2011 at 04:24 AM.
Old 03-18-2011, 09:38 AM   #40
kpw
Connoisseur

Quote:
I think, I have found something:
you know, I'm using german calibre and the german user interface within the device; in media.xml I found "german" dates within the three books your plugin has choosen. "date="Fr, 18 Mrz 2011 08:15:02 GMT" tz="-60"" instead of "date="Fri, 18 Mar 2011 08:15:02 GMT" tz="-60""
The second difference is the "tz"-parameter. The other books have 300 as value, the three books choosen have -60. But as I don't know the intent of this parameter - this could be volitional.
Ah, I think perhaps this gives me an idea. I'm attaching a test version of the plugin that I hope you can try out for me that should address the "german" date discrepancy. I'm guessing that the device may not like dates in that format, and it regenerates the media.xml, thus discarding the collections inserted by Calibre. Please let me know how this one works out.

Thanks.
Attached Files
File Type: zip ManageSonyX50BookList_plugin.zip (11.4 KB, 311 views)
Old 03-18-2011, 02:32 PM   #41
ThR
Tatütatuter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpw View Post
Ah, I think perhaps this gives me an idea. I'm attaching a test version of the plugin that I hope you can try out for me that should address the "german" date discrepancy. I'm guessing that the device may not like dates in that format, and it regenerates the media.xml, thus discarding the collections inserted by Calibre. Please let me know how this one works out.

Thanks.
Tested. The new version works! The media.xml now looks good after using the plugin.
Old 03-18-2011, 04:28 PM   #42
kpw
Connoisseur

Quote:
Tested. The new version works! The media.xml now looks good after using the plugin.
Wonderful! Thanks again for testing this out. I'll be posting the official 1.0.6 version soon, as soon as I run it through my usual regression tests.
Old 03-18-2011, 10:15 PM   #43
kpw
Connoisseur

Posted version 1.0.6 to fix the following:
  • Ensure cache entry date value is formatted properly on non-English installations
Old 04-02-2011, 09:59 AM   #44
kpw
Connoisseur

Posted version 1.1.0 with the following changes:
  • 1.1.0 02/04/2011
    • Restructure plugin to make use of newly introduced Calibre plugin API. NOTE: The new API is only available in Calibre version 0.7.53 or greater, so to use this version of the plugin, you need to move to this level of Calibre as well.
    • Rework the preference store mechanism to use the recommended approach rather than the legacy approach I was using previously. The plugin should automatically migrate any existing configuration, so this should be transparent.
    • Added new feature to allow explicit management of profile order. The configuration dialog now includes "Up"/"Down" buttons for the profile list to control how profiles are presented to the user when using the "Book List" action (just a little thing that was bugging me, so I included it with this release).
    • Updated documentation to include new feature in preceding bullet.

Please note the new minimum Calibre level requirement (i.e. 0.7.53). Also, although my testing has come out clean, there have been some significant internal changes made in the plugin, so I can't gaurantee that some new bugs may have crept in. Please let me know if you run into any issues.

Thanks.
Old 04-11-2011, 06:03 AM   #45
ThR
Tatütatuter

OK, I did the test: it works fine, but...

... I have to correct the timezone-setting in the media.xml-file on the device after using the plugin.
The plugin is setting the timezone of the three selected books with the timezone-information of the PC (in my case tz="-120" [meaning MEST]) instead of the timezone of the reader (TZ="300" [meaning EST]). The three books will not be shown at the homescreen until correcting the three entries within an editor (search -120, replace with 300).