Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Server

Notices

Old 05-18-2019, 08:35 PM   #1
Cootey
Absentminded Reader
Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Clara HD, Elipsa; Kindle Paperwhite 3 & 4; iOS eReader apps
Trouble accessing server from Kobo with password protection enabled

I’ve got the Calibre server running and accessible over my local network. My iPad, iPhone, and Macs can access it just fine. The problem comes when I try to use my kobo ereaders to access the server. The username and password prompt never appears on screen. The page remains blank.

With password and username *disabled*, the kobo browser can access the Calibre server and download ebooks with no issues.

I’ve seen people in the kobo forms mention that the server works fine for them, but I’m wondering if they just never enabled password protection. Is there something I need to do to get password protection to work properly on the Kobo ereader’s browser?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Cootey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2019, 09:57 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Try changing the type of authentication used from auto to basic. Note that doing so can expose your password if you dont also setup SSL.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-19-2019, 04:28 AM   #3
Cootey
Absentminded Reader
Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Clara HD, Elipsa; Kindle Paperwhite 3 & 4; iOS eReader apps
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Try changing the type of authentication used from auto to basic. Note that doing so can expose your password if you dont also setup SSL.

Thanks for the tip. I’ll try it. I don’t plan on forwarding the port (which I’ve changed from the default 8088), so exposing the password to outside access won’t be a concern. However, I’ve not thought to set up SSL access on my home server. Now I’m intrigued. But that’s a project for another weekend.

You’ve done such wonderful work with your program. Thank you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Cootey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2019, 02:01 AM   #4
dom134
dom134 began at the beginning.

Device: none
Hello there, I had the same issue with my Kobo and found that in order to get the username and password across you had to put it into the URL like this:
https://user:Password@IPaddress/mobile

Not sure if you use SSL so you may not need the https bit. As an example if your details were:
user: cootey
password: Password1
server address: 192.168.0.125
the URL you would put into the kobo browser would be:
https://cootey:Pa$$word1@192.168.0.125/mobile

Hope this helps
Dom

Last edited by dom134; 10-19-2019 at 02:04 AM. Reason: change password to remove emoji!
dom134 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2019, 10:43 AM   #5
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Dom
That post was from MAY (2019). Hopefully the OP found a solution (or Calibre evolved to cover that) by now
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert