Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 01-31-2008, 04:17 AM   #1
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
Auto rotate bug?

Hi all,

I'm new in these forums, I just received my Cybook Gen3 a couple of days ago (so far, I like it very much, but I miss some features).

I've found a problem with the auto rotate feature for pictures, it's not working at least with one of them. I loaded this picture: http://www.artchive.com/artchive/e/e..._ascending.jpg in the Cybook, but it insists in showing it in landscape orientation, I can manually change to portrait, but if I set it to auto rotate, it goes back to landscape. Apparently other pictures are fine, at least the pre-loaded ones.

Has anyone found the same problem? Any solution?
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 04:35 AM   #2
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Sorry for the bump. Has no one experienced this?
Advert
Old 05-14-2008, 12:36 PM   #3
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch

Just to say that the new firmware did not solve this issue. But no one has confirmed it yet, anyway.
Old 05-14-2008, 03:39 PM   #4
tompe
Grand Sorcerer
tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Nexus 5, Kindle PW
It is wrongly orientated for me also with new firmware. But how is autorotate supposed to work? If it looks at the exif tags then the exemple file does not contain any exif information so it should not work.
tompe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 04:26 AM   #5
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch

I would assume it should just check the width and height of the picture: if the height is larger than the width, it's portrait, otherwise it's landscape. That's at least how I expect it to work. Since the Cybook is so easy to turn one way or the other, I don't think it should care about exif tags, anyway.
Advert
Old 05-15-2008, 04:46 AM   #6
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Is there perhaps something wrong with the file header of the particular image that's causing the problem? It seems odd that it should fail for a particular image and yet work for others.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 01:11 PM   #7
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch

It seems it's the aspect ratio, it's not "large" enough. Converting to other formats or resizing the image does not solve it, but cropping it to 600x800 or to 200x600 does. If I take another image and resize it to 667x849 (the problem image size), it shows the same problem. The same if I create a completely new image with this size.