Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old Yesterday, 06:46 PM   #6196
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post
The gift to an existing member gives them 12 credits immediately. For someone with a monthly credit, they'll still have to maintain their membership of a credit or month if they want to remain active, and for someone who's got a membership where they got their credits upfront, their membership will still renew on its old renewal date. In other words, for an existing member, it's a years worth of credits, but it's not a year's worth of membership.
Well, that's just crazy.
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 08:04 PM   #6197
CRussel
Grand Sorcerer
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
Maybe crazy, but I sure wish I could gift myself.

Charlie.
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 08:32 PM   #6198
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kin7; FHD6; SGT4; ClipZip; LG Trib; Echo Dot
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRussel View Post

Charlie.
If Audible doesn't allow it, then find another member who wants it and gift each other.
tubemonkey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:21 PM   #6199
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Audible UK -- Daily Deal -- exp 19 Nov @ 11:59 PM GMT
Old Yesterday, 09:34 PM   #6200
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Audible UK -- Black Friday Offer -- 23 Nov Only -- exp @ 11:59 PM GMT
Quote:
Black Friday at Audible

300 books. £2.50 each. One day.

Members only. Sale ends 11:59pm, 23 November.
No idea what they mean by "one day". Since I don't have a membership, I can't tell if this sale is active now or will only be active on 23 Nov.

Last edited by tubemonkey; Today at 01:53 AM.
Old Yesterday, 09:39 PM   #6201
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
Quote:

Charlie.
Maybe you can? I'm tempted to try it. I'm on the Silver (bimonthly) plan now, and I guess I'd be OK with keeping it and just adding 12 credits, even if it is crazy.
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:49 PM   #6202
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, GloHD, Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
If Audible doesn't allow it, then find another member who wants it and gift each other.
I wonder... if a member could gift a non-member, and then if that new member would be able to gift someone. I don't know how you could find out, though.
issybird is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:31 PM   #6203
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Audible -- Black Friday Offer -- 25~27 Nov

To get this offer, "new members" must sign up between 25 and 27 Nov. How Audible defines "new members" is a mystery , so give it a shot if you're interested and have had an Audible membership in the past. It never hurts to try.

Note: this offer is for Amazon credit, which is essentially cash for frequent fliers at Amazon. Doing the math brings this offer down to $1.95/mo. Not bad and well within monkey's budget of no more than $3.00 per audiobook

Quote:
LIMITED-TIME OFFER

$6.95/month for the first 3 months

Enjoy an unbeatable selection and save over 53%
After 3 months, $14.95/mo. Cancel anytime.
Ends December 31, 2019 at 11:59PM PT
Quote:
Amazon’s Black Friday Deals Week is Almost Here

Audible: Between November 25 and 27, new members receive a bonus $15 Amazon credit and continue to save 53% on the first three months of an Audible membership at $6.95 a month. Additional offers to be announced through the holiday season.

[red bolding mine]

Last edited by tubemonkey; Today at 08:57 AM.
Old Today, 01:15 AM   #6204
CRussel
Grand Sorcerer
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
Quote:
Audible UK -- Black Friday Offer -- exp 23 Nov @ 11:59 PM GMT

No idea what they mean by "one day". Since I don't have a membership, I can't tell if this sale is active now or will only be active on 23 Nov.
I can tell you. ONLY on the 23rd. Right now, they're at full price.
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 01:57 AM   #6205
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
I wonder... if a member could gift a non-member, and then if that new member would be able to gift someone. I don't know how you could find out, though.
I don't see why not. In both cases, it's a member doing the gifting.
Old Today, 02:04 AM   #6206
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
I can tell you. ONLY on the 23rd. Right now, they're at full price.
Thanks; I edited my post.
Old Today, 07:55 AM   #6207
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, GloHD, Aura One
Quote:
I don't see why not. In both cases, it's a member doing the gifting.
Hmm. Then how's this for a scenario: Member 1 gifts non-member, who becomes Member 2. Member 1 quits and then Member 2 gifts (former) Member 1, who becomes a member again with a year to go! This would only work if Member 1 had no credits in hand, however.
issybird is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 08:48 AM   #6208
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Daily Deals -- exp 19 Nov @ 11:59 PM PT
Old Today, 08:53 AM   #6209
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Hmm. Then how's this for a scenario: Member 1 gifts non-member, who becomes Member 2. Member 1 quits and then Member 2 gifts (former) Member 1, who becomes a member again with a year to go! This would only work if Member 1 had no credits in hand, however.
...again, I don't see why not.

I think it's quite lame for Audible to only give current members receiving a gift membership just the credits and deny them the benefits of an additional year of membership.

Go for it