Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 10-24-2019, 06:35 PM   #181
snow-raven
snow-raven began at the beginning.

Device: iPad/calibre/GoodReader
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaltonST View Post
Having said that, see this Job Spy plug-in ...

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...42118#poststop

DaltonST
for this plugin and for the Job Spy suggestion! I now have my references in calibre & the ability to add any Zotero metadata I choose. I can't tell you how happy it makes me to see all of those little document covers and to be able to glance at the abstract in the Book Details. It's so much better than my old file folder structure, and it's tools like these that made it possible. It might even be better than going to the library.
snow-raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2019, 09:56 PM   #182
snow-raven

unhandled exception (after updates)

Hello,
I've recently updated both calibre and the plugin and just experienced this error when adding metadata to the selected books. I've tried restarting and re-exporting my csv file. Can anyone point me at a fix?
Thanks!

calibre, version 4.3.0
ERROR: Unhandled exception: <b>HTMLParseError</b>:EOF in middle of entity or char ref, at line 1, column 34

calibre 4.3 embedded-python: True is64bit: False
Windows-7-6.1.7601-SP1 Windows ('32bit', 'WindowsPE')
32bit process running on 64bit windows
('Windows', '7', '6.1.7601')
Python 2.7.16+
Windows: ('7', '6.1.7601', 'SP1', u'Multiprocessor Free')
Interface language: None
Successfully initialized third party plugins: DeDRM (6, 6, 1) && Job Spy (1, 0, 167) && Zotero Metadata Importer (1, 0, 60) && BookFusion Plugin (0, 2, 3) && View Manager (1, 4, 3)
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "calibre_plugins.zotero_metadata_importer.zmi_dial og", line 1675, in automatically_update_calibre_metadata_control
File "calibre_plugins.zotero_metadata_importer.zmi_dial og", line 1893, in update_zotero_custom_columns
File "site-packages\calibre\utils\html2text.py", line 22, in html2text
File "site-packages\html2text\__init__.py", line 151, in handle
File "site-packages\html2text\__init__.py", line 163, in close
File "HTMLParser.py", line 121, in close
File "HTMLParser.py", line 216, in goahead
File "HTMLParser.py", line 124, in error
HTMLParseError: EOF in middle of entity or char ref, at line 1, column 34
Old 11-08-2019, 10:53 PM   #183
DaltonST
Deviser
DaltonST is the One.DaltonST is the One.DaltonST is the One.DaltonST is the One.DaltonST is the One.DaltonST is the One.DaltonST is the One.DaltonST is the One.DaltonST is the One.DaltonST is the One.DaltonST is the One.

Device: 8" Win10 Tablet w/Calibre64, CalibreSpy & Freda+
Your Zotero export csv has a column with html that cannot be parsed without errors due to its complexity. Keep that column header but clear its data and rerun.
DaltonST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2019, 03:23 PM   #184
snow-raven

Thank you. It turned out to be an "&" in a manual tag. Surprisingly, the "ñ" in another tag was fine and the Html italics in some of the journal article titles were not the culprits.

It took me a while to find the problem record, as the column number referenced did not match the position of the column in the export file. Is there a way that I can see the actual column order in ZMI next time?
Old 11-11-2019, 05:39 PM   #185
DaltonST
Deviser
DaltonST is the One.DaltonST is the One.DaltonST is the One.DaltonST is the One.DaltonST is the One.DaltonST is the One.DaltonST is the One.DaltonST is the One.DaltonST is the One.DaltonST is the One.DaltonST is the One.

Quote:
Originally Posted by snow-raven View Post
It took me a while to find the problem record, as the column number referenced did not match the position of the column in the export file. Is there a way that I can see the actual column order in ZMI next time?

Run Calibre in Debug Mode (ctl+shift+r or right-click the Preferences toolbar icon and click Restart in Debug). When you process the input .csv from Zotero, each row is printed to the Debug Log as it is processed, not to mention other data that is of use when debugging your data.

Remember that the top row/first column line in your .csv is row 0/column 0.

DaltonST
Old 11-15-2019, 01:32 PM   #186
DaltonST
Deviser

Version 1.0.61 - Miscellaneous Technical Changes.

Version 1.0.61 - 2019-11-15 Miscellaneous Technical Changes.

Improved debugging mode information available to Users of ZMI for their Zotero exported .csv data.

Debugging mode in Calibre is initiated by either ctrl+shift+r or via mouse from the toolbar Preferences > click the down arrow > Restart in Debugging Mode.

Remember to periodically compress/defragment your Calibre metadata database via Library > Library Maintenance > Check Library. Your metadata.db file will grow unnecessarily large due to metadata changes for your imported Zotero books.

Also periodically back up your configuration etc. via Library > Export All Calibre Data.

DaltonST

Tags
ris, zotero