Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 11-08-2019, 08:55 PM   #1
gusk
gusk began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Best practice for storing example code that comes with programming ebooks

I'm not sure what the correct approach to storing example files for programming books is. I'd guess just dropping them into the book's directory is fine, but I'm concerned that Calibre might later on reorder things and not move the files along with the book.
gusk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2019, 09:00 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
You can add ass many different files to a book record as youwant. Do so by selecting the book right clicking the add books button and choosing add files to book record. The only limitation is you can have only one book of file of each type, so you might need to zip up the files into a single zip file first.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2019, 09:24 PM   #3
gusk
gusk began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Wow, much easier than I thought it would be. Thanks for the help and the great software.
gusk is offline   Reply With Quote