Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 02-18-2020, 04:16 AM   #1
Gibbo
Guru
Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Tab A (2019) - iPhone 11 - KA1 - Onyx Boox Nova Pro
I love reading.

Just wanted to say that I love reading I could read all day long.
That's it thank you.
Gibbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2020, 06:38 AM   #2
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibbo View Post
That's it thank you.
This gave me a smile. It reminds me of being a kid, when you really could (and did) read all day long. I’d love to get again that feeling of being immersed in a book to the exclusion of all my senses again, and come up groggy as for air when you were done!
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-18-2020, 08:17 AM   #3
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Or read till it's time to go and make breakfast. Then go back to it.
Actually needing to sleep occasionally gets in the way of decent reading.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2020, 09:07 AM   #4
Apache
Readaholic
Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Surface Pro 6 / Galaxy Tab A 8"
Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post
This gave me a smile. I’d love to get again that feeling of being immersed in a book to the exclusion of all my senses again, and come up groggy as for air when you were done!
I still read this way.
Apache
Apache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2020, 09:32 AM   #5
pwalker8
Grand Sorcerer
pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro, iPad mini, Kobo Aura, Amazon paperwhite, Sony PRS-T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apache View Post
I still read this way.
Apache
That's how you know it was a really good book!
pwalker8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-18-2020, 10:13 AM   #6
Paperbackstash
Wizard
Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, PW 3, 4, 5, Fire HD 2012, Fire HD 8 (8th Gen)
Potent thread, back to the basics and what's truly important
Paperbackstash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2020, 11:05 AM   #7
Luffy
Wizard
Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 4
The OP is touting a luxury lifestyle beyond most people. Surely this is clickbait stuff
Luffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2020, 12:24 PM   #8
ps67
Guru
ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Elipsa, Pocketbook Color PB633, Inkpad Color
It's late, tomorrow I have to go to work but I will read a little more, just a few minutes ...
And then it's 2.00 A.M.
It doesn't happen to me too often, I usually go to sleep earlier but sometimes ...
ps67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2020, 02:55 PM   #9
Poppaea
Lucifer's Bat
Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibbo View Post
That's it thank you.
I love reading and I actually CAN read all day long if I want to.
Poppaea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2020, 03:31 PM   #10
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
It's a small compensation for the children mostly having left home and no longer being in the work force.
I do have to take time off from reading to do a few other things.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2020, 03:51 PM   #11
JosephMiller
JosephMiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JosephMiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JosephMiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JosephMiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JosephMiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JosephMiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JosephMiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JosephMiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JosephMiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JosephMiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JosephMiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Reading increases my vocabulary and my knowledge of how to correctly use new words, reading helps me clearly articulate what I want to say. The knowledge I gain from reading also gives me lots to talk about with others.
JosephMiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2020, 07:14 PM   #12
barryem
Wizard
barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite 4
I've been retired for about 25 years or so. I can read as much as I want to. How much I do varies a lot. This week I've spent most of most days reading. Last week was about the same. The week before I mostly watched TV shows with a bit of reading here and there.

It's not that getting old doesn't have it's downsides. It does. But it's really nice in some ways.

Barry
barryem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2020, 02:48 AM   #13
azt33
Connoisseur
azt33 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.azt33 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.azt33 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.azt33 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.azt33 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.azt33 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.azt33 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.azt33 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.azt33 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.azt33 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.azt33 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by JosephMiller View Post
Reading increases my vocabulary and my knowledge of how to correctly use new words, reading helps me clearly articulate what I want to say. The knowledge I gain from reading also gives me lots to talk about with others.
Same here! I also just enjoy using my own imagination and thinking about the book even when I'm not reading... I try to read as much as possible, especially in the evenings, it is the best to relax for me (when I'm reading a novel / mystery / fiction).
azt33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2020, 05:38 AM   #14
Roos
Groupie
Roos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Roos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Roos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Roos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Roos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Roos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Roos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Roos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Roos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Roos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Roos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kindle Scribe, Phone
The very first complete story book i read, the first one without pictures and such, as a child, i lived the story, it enveloped me I could see feel and touch the story, never had that happen again after that magic first time.
My parents, when i went burning with enthusiasm to them to explain how magic it all was, berated me, said i was silly and it was al make believe. They send me to my room for telling nonsensical things, that must have broken the key to that magical land beneath the pages of books, i still feel it, know it is there, but it is out of my reach.
Still am a vagarious reader, but that magic world is gone.
The fact that i can clearly remember after 55 years says how much impact it had.
Roos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2020, 05:56 AM   #15
Luffy
Wizard
Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roos View Post
The very first complete story book i read, the first one without pictures and such, as a child, i lived the story, it enveloped me I could see feel and touch the story, never had that happen again after that magic first time.
My parents, when i went burning with enthusiasm to them to explain how magic it all was, berated me, said i was silly and it was al make believe. They send me to my room for telling nonsensical things, that must have broken the key to that magical land beneath the pages of books, i still feel it, know it is there, but it is out of my reach.
Still am a vagarious reader, but that magic world is gone.
The fact that i can clearly remember after 55 years says how much impact it had.
That's sad, man. You parents shouldn't have sent you to your room. There's no need for behaviour like that.
Luffy is offline   Reply With Quote