Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 01-13-2020, 11:47 PM   #1
Barbara1955
Non-Techy
Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Cell Phone & Amazon Fires & Kobo eReaders
How do you Read a Comic on .....

PW4? Its Downloaded. But print too small. When I Double Tap all it want to do is turn the page & Popup the header/footer. ugh
Barbara1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2020, 11:58 PM   #2
hobnail
Running with scissors
hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
I don't read comic books.
hobnail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2020, 11:59 PM   #3
Barbara1955
Non-Techy
Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Shocking! Why you think that would be helpful?
Old 01-14-2020, 12:45 AM   #4
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
Are the comics purchased from Amazon and do they support panel by panel display? Short of pre-processing with KCC, I think that's the only way you can get it half-way readable.

Most I could tolerate on my Kindle is Japanese manga which usually have simpler art and bigger fonts. Gave up American-sized comics on e-ink as a lost cause. I just use tablets for comics.
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2020, 11:38 AM   #5
TheSmitty
Addict
TheSmitty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TheSmitty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TheSmitty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TheSmitty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TheSmitty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TheSmitty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TheSmitty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TheSmitty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TheSmitty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TheSmitty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TheSmitty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite SE, Libra 2, Oasis 3, Boox Note Air 3C, iPad Pro 11
although I typically read my comics with the kindle app on a iPad, I have tried it on my oasis and the feature to touch a a cell and it zooms in to that then next pages from cell to cell is functional on my Oasis.
TheSmitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2020, 11:43 AM   #6
stumped
Wizard
stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo forma, Kobo Libra, Huawei media Tab, fire HD10, PW3 HDX8.9,
I think you must buy or borrow the comics from Amazon store, then guided view aka one pane at a time works. I tried some from kindle unlimited one time and they are ok,. But definitely better in colour on a fire tablet or in a kindle for Android app
stumped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2020, 11:49 AM   #7
Tony1988
Guru
Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony prs-350
Personally I would not read comics on a black and white e-reader. I still think that a tablet is best for that right now. I'm not sure if there is a real good work around on the PW4....
Tony1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2020, 12:43 PM   #8
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles
Quote:
Originally Posted by stumped View Post
I think you must buy or borrow the comics from Amazon store, then guided view aka one pane at a time works.
The feature of stepping through panels relies on the publisher having marked them in the book. Sideloaded books can support this feature if they have the correct encoding.

Quote:
I tried some from kindle unlimited one time and they are ok,. But definitely better in colour on a fire tablet or in a kindle for Android app
Another advantage of using the Android or iOS Kindle app is that the panels transitions are animated, giving a better sense of their position on the overall page.
jhowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2020, 01:04 PM   #9
stumped
Wizard
stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhowell View Post
The feature of stepping through panels relies on the publisher having marked them in the book. Sideloaded books can support this feature if they have the correct encoding.
Yes, there is no simple obvious way to add that feature yourself, if the comic does not have it already

Guided view is what Amazon call it, there may be other names for it
Old 01-14-2020, 01:24 PM   #10
stumped
Wizard

Amazon have a couple of free comics with guided view that you can " buy" to see how they look on pw
E.g.
https://smile.amazon.co.uk/DC-Essent.../dp/B076DTRTZ1
Old 01-14-2020, 01:25 PM   #11
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles
Quote:
Yes, there is no simple obvious way to add that feature yourself, if the comic does not have it already
Not simple or obvious, but Amazon does provide tools for marking the location of panels within comics for guided view. There is the older Kindle Comic Creator and the newer Kindle Create. The is also the easier to use third party Kindle Comic Converter tool.
jhowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2020, 03:17 PM   #12
Barbara1955
Non-Techy

I all Ready have the book Yes I got it from Amazon Thought PW 4 WAS made for this
Old 01-14-2020, 03:22 PM   #13
stumped
Wizard

Maybe you picked a book that does not have the guided view feature?

You could post the title , or you could look for a free one that does have guided view , as a device test

Also, you have a fire tablet also?. How does that book behave on your tablet
Old 01-14-2020, 03:24 PM   #14
Barbara1955
Non-Techy

Dosent matter how it is on the Fires. I want to know How to work it on the PW4 since they were Made to do this!
Troublemaker by Janet Evonavich
Old 01-14-2020, 03:36 PM   #15
stumped
Wizard

Well the Amazon description for that graphic novel does not mention guided view., And neither do the reviews that o looked at( but I used the UK site, I expect the USA site has many more reviews)
I don't know if it's significant that they call it a graphic novel and don't call it a comic?

The reason I asked if guided view works on your tablet for that book was obvious ,I thought,

if there's no panel view for that bookon the tablet either then it's a book issue, not a device issue. But if it works on fire yet not on pw4 then that suggests there is an issue with pwr for comics, and the next question becomes is it only pw4 or is it all pw versions that cannot do guided view...
I don't have a pw4 myself so you may need an actual pw4 owner and comic lover to step up...